MasterCard Vice President, Regulatory Affairs - Advocacy in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs - Advocacy
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs - Advocacy
Mastercard is a technology company in the financial services industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, digital wallet providers, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s Global Regulatory team is responsible for liaising with key regulators and law enforcement officials for the purpose of supporting Mastercard’s regulatory footprint and compliance with regulations around the world. This newly created position will engage with central banks, governments, non-governmental organizations, and private sector partners on key regulatory initiatives impacting the payments industry.
We are a team who partners across Mastercard to help shape and execute against our strategy, working cross-functionally across a global organization. We demonstrate decency and personal accountability to help lead the business forward through hands-on engagement, partnership and strategic value creation.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and with a diverse workload. The candidate must have extensive experience providing both tactical and strategic advice to both regulators and internal executive level business professionals.
This position may be based out of our UK office (London) or Belgium office (Waterloo).
The VP, Regulatory Affairs – Advocacy role will be responsible for:
• Engaging as a regulatory advisor within and outside the organization, with a particular focus on the emerging regulatory dynamics of central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), account to account payments (including B2B, P2P and P2M) and cross-border payments (across a variety of form factors and use cases)
• Developing end-to-end global regulatory advocacy strategies that drive alignment across Mastercard’s wide range of products/services, connecting the dots between regional regulatory efforts and support of Mastercard’s overall multi-rail strategy
• Leading the development of Mastercard’s consultative responses on a range of issues (such as CBDCs, account to account payments, and cross-border payments) by drawing together and synthesizing priorities and perspectives from across the organization
• Scanning for emerging regulatory trends and developing cutting-edge internal/external facing thought-leadership that supports the enablement and acceleration of key corporate initiatives
• Developing and delivering executive briefings to inform senior stakeholders on key regulatory issues
• A robust understanding of the regulation and operation of underlying payment infrastructure (e.g., real time payment systems, real-time gross settlement systems, and cross-border settlement processes)
• Experience as a regulatory attorney either with a government agency, law firm or within a corporation
• Experience working across cross functional teams and disciplines
• Ability to analyze and manage complex issues
• Highly confident and a problem solver able to tackle unfamiliar situations
• Work towards setting clear objectives and working collaboratively
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Must have strong communication skills across all stakeholders
• Proven experience working in a global role at a multinational company
Please note that roles within Mastercard evolve with the needs of the business and department. Therefore, the above is a guideline and by no means comprehensive.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131700