MasterCard Test Lead Software Engineering in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Test Lead Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• The Data Protection Services (DPS) team develops and supports shared
security services to be leveraged across the Enterprise by consuming
• DPS owns several applications providing data protection and key
• Are you a software professional who is passionate about innovative
technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer
needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of
ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to help drive quality automation and self-service
culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• End-to-end ownership of the testing processes & frameworks for our service-
• Develop and execute automated API/UI Integration test s to enable
• Be a vital part of scrum team and participate in requirements review/story
elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products
• Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
• Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes
• Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Automated testing/software development.
• Knowledge and experience in Java and/or Node.js.
• Knowledge and Experience of BDD methodology and technologies like Cucumber
• Proficient in at least one source control tool like Git or Bitbucket
• Experience in creating and analyzing functional tests for web-based software
and API using frameworks/tools, such as Selenium, Protractor, Soap UI,
• Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression,
Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
• Hands-on experience on vulnerability testing
• Knowledge of CI systems to create builds, ideally Jenkins.
• Understanding of Agile Methodology and other software development
• Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills (French speaking is a plus)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151529