MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Application Security Program is hiring a Principal Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for planning, execution and delivery from inception to completion, for an existing technology product of program. Additionally, he or she influences the complete software development lifecycle and development practices so that the team follows best practices, policies and procedures.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will:
• Proactively manages the end-to-end delivery of engineering work though the engineering team and all dependent organizations
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Manage the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long-term positive impact on the company
• Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution
• Influence dependent organization's roadmaps by contributing to their planning documents and goal setting exercises
• Work across scrum teams and across organizations to deliver on a single product, a key technology area or more broadly, managing larger initiatives that span organizations and geographies in support of a larger cross-cutting business goal
All About You
Essential skills and responsibilities for this role include:
• Very good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express design ideas to a development team
• Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Create plans that have a clear path to delivery
• Help your teams organize for delivery while maintaining resources for the greater good of the organization
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following desireable skills and experience:
• Excellent communicator and are comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization both in writing and in person
• Articulate progress against goals, scorecard metrics, and committed roadmaps
Work across organizations for ways to align teams, technologies (i.e. the infrastructure used to build/deploy/operate services), and organizations to simple coherent approaches that optimize organizational structures and operating mechanisms
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114526