MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test Job in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test Job
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Analyze code review reports and development quality to make sure best
practices are being followed
• Develops/monitors quality gating and automation strategy for a given project
looking at code coverage and API
• Possesses a strong knowledge of programming, testing tools, architecture patterns,
• Ensures Performance and Scalability for applications and platforms
• Works closely with software engineers to build and enrich a QA testing framework by ensuring proper test
and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance
• Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and
methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing
• Documents performance test strategies and test plans; translates complex
system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing method
• Participates in requirements review and performance testing activities;
monitors resolutions and retains documentation;
• Identifies and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and
resolves production issues for single application
• Defines and implements best practices for end-to-end application
performance management solutions; focuses on emerging technologies
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor
with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several
initiatives or a larger initiative and assigns day-to-day work
• Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements
and testing methods
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Directs evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities
• Experience overseeing the coding, testing, and review testing process for
integration testing and system integration testing
• Successfully led multiple test paths simultaneously
• Successfully ensured quality of one or more application codebases and
alignment with development standard
• Experience in building automation frameworks, acceptance and integration
test automation scripts, integrating with other tools
• Experience testing API service platform functionality
• Able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and objectives
• Experience in Agile Methodology using ALM or other similar tools
Nice to have:
• FR knowledge
• Microservices knowledge
• Asynchronous application testing
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153142