MasterCard Senior Product Manager Technical in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Product Manager Technical
The Cryptographic Security Program consists of a global Mastercard team that designs, builds, and supports service platforms that provide cryptographic, key management and EMV certificate management functions utilized by global Mastercard application teams.
The Cryptographic Security Program has roadmap plans to re-architect legacy platforms and build new platforms that are scalable, highly available, and built with continuous delivery implementations.
The Product Manager-Technical will partner the Business/Product Owner to develop the product vision and roadmap, as well as elicit requirements and define features to deliver required functionality.
The Product Manager-Technical will work within the Product Engineering Team to facilitate backlog grooming and feature prioritization, iteration planning, and release planning.
· Collaborate with the Business/Product Owner to define and update the product roadmap, including the near term (quarterly) objectives and the longer-term product roadmap objectives
· Collaborate with the Business/Product Owner to prioritize product backlog
· Facilitate requirements gathering for products by working with Business/Product Owner, stakeholder clients and engineering team lead for the creation, analysis and elaboration of high-quality features and user stories to guide development and testing
· Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
· Facilitate PI planning-related meetings, feature prioritization and story elaboration/refinement
· Along with Tech Lead, ensure team’s work in Rally ALM is kept current with status and metadata such as labels, milestones, releases and iterations.
· Coordinate and align with interdependent teams on product requirements and work across teams to organize and accelerate delivery, ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner
· Proactively manage all dependencies, ensuring all outputs are production ready at launch
· Manage the team’s delivery against the release timelines, flagging risks and issues when they arise; proactively identify and work to remove blockers identified during development
· Drive the team’s continual improvement, providing expert guidance on Agile best practices
· Continuously monitor feature development, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
· Provide ongoing updates with data on the state of delivery
· Support and participate in iteration retrospectives
· Support and participate in post-implementation reviews and ensure feedback is re-incorporated into features
All About You
· Ability to quickly learn technical product knowledge, including security-related concepts
· Understanding of the product development lifecycle
· Experience working within or managing projects within an agile delivery team
· Experience identifying, breaking down, and elaborating features/epics and user stories
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey messages at different levels – detailed and higher-level management
· Ability to effectively drive resolution of issues and roadblocks
· Highly motivated and proactive to ensure the success of the team and product
· High degree of ownership to deliver expected objectives
· Nice to have FR knowledge
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152754