MasterCard Senior Oracle DBA, Database Engineering in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Oracle DBA, Database Engineering
This role is within our Belgium DBA team. Operating as part of the global team, you will manage a number of Oracle database systems.
• Have you experience in designing/managing systems to be as highly available as possible?
• Are you a people person / are you able to communicate well with other teams?
If the answer to the above is yes, this role could be for you.
Note: for a subset of systems, there is an expectation to come on-site occasionally to manage systems in person.
Manage and maintain databases to Mastercard standards
• Perform database self-audit
• Perform database security patching
• Perform database updates
• Install/configure databases to be in compliance with logging and monitoring policies
• Resolve database problems (backup failures, replication failures, ...)
• Resolve database incidents (dead locks, database outages, ...)
• Be part of the on-call system for outside office hours incidents
• Implement/use/create/maintain an inventory database / Configuration Management DB (CMDB)
• Participate in design and development meetings
• Support the QA team with the database part of the infrastructure
• Work with the Platform Services team for the database production infrastructure
• Support the operations team with data reports/statistics/queries
• Execute on DR exercise
• Design and implement database requirements for project work.
All About you
• Oracle Databases experience - intermediate level.
• Oracle Performance tuning - intermediate level.
• Oracle ASM
• Good communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with internal partners.
• On-Call experience
• SQL Server experience - any level.
• OCA/OCP certification
• Oracle RAC experience
• Dataguard replication technologies
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125647