MasterCard Senior Legal Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Legal Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection
Location – London / Waterloo
• Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy. As part of that commitment, Mastercard has established a world-class privacy program and is currently adding talent to its global team.
• The Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection role will ensure compliance with all existing and emerging data laws while enabling data-driven innovation through Privacy by Design within New Digital Infrastructure and Fintech, with particular focus on Open Banking products and solutions in the Europe region.
• The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection, and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring that the corporation remains compliant with global privacy and data-related laws, as well as industry best practices.
• Enable the development of scalable information-based payments products and solutions while ensuring compliance with corporate standards, privacy and data-related laws including PSD2, UK Data Protection Act 2018 (UK DPA), GDPR, Open Banking laws, credit reporting laws, data localization laws.
• Coordinate with regional counsel(s) to ensure compliance with other global data protection laws (including GLBA, CCPA, LGPD), consistency in privacy by design approach for global solutions and knowledge sharing.
• Identify business requirements resulting from new and evolving privacy laws and regulations (such as PSD3, EDPB Guidelines, EU Data Strategy, EU Data Act, EU Digital Governance Act) and opportunities to thoughtfully engage with industry and policy makers to safeguard Mastercard’s interests and to help Mastercard build, grow, and scale Open Banking within the region.
• Provide guidance and thought leadership on topics including the use of emerging/advanced/privacy technologies in a privacy-compliant manner.
• Partner with business verticals and commercial legal teams on product development from the earliest stages using privacy by design methodologies, preparing data protection impact assessments as needed.
• Manage complex negotiations with clients, partners, and vendors to ensure privacy compliance and to secure data use rights.
• Develop requirements for supporting compliance with laws related to consumer credit reporting and controls around related data.
• Educate the business on legal developments and controls for the development of open banking products, solutions, and services.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required
• CIPP certification preferred
• Privacy and data protection experience required
• Legal experience in interactive technology, product development, data-related commercial agreements, processing of consumer credit and financial data or data-driven products preferred
• Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience
• Experience in integrating (acquired) companies is a plus
• Expertise in regulatory frameworks, including UK DPA, GDPR and familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Demonstrated understanding of open banking laws, open data and open finance, financial and consumer protection laws, including PSD2, credit reporting laws, data localization laws and their intersection with privacy and data protection requirements
• Experience with the financial services industry
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and associated privacy implications
• Ability to readily distill legal requirements into practical, actionable advice
• Creative thinker able to support innovation while still managing risk
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytic capabilities and written and oral communication skills
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled, geographically dispersed professionals to achieve major organizational goals
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering; must work well in both team and individual settings
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140000