MasterCard Senior Engineer Platform Services in Waterloo, Belgium
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer Platform Services
• Responsible for the programming and development of new technologies or the improvement of existing technologies in accordance with MasterCard standards to support business needs or initiatives in cooperation with a Global team.
Responsible to maintain the system and react to any operational issue that will happen within Mastercard production platform and services.
• Develop standards for UNIX/Linux configurations, processes, and procedures as well as audit their accurate implementation
•acquired or developed to service our customers.
•Actively participate in planning the direction and implementation of data processing software as they relate primarily to operating systems and systems software.
• Align with the global Mastercard Interface Processor (MIP) team to support the implementation of maintenance of this critical infrastructure.
• Provide technical assistance to development programmers and customers to facilitate independent utilization of new and existing software
• Troubleshoot problems and issues related to the efficient, secure operation of the Linux and Solaris operating systems.
•Complete status reports, implementations, troubleshooting and maintain project plans as required.
• Tune and optimize the configuration of UNIX/Linux/Solaris to meet the Service Level Agreements of our applications and services.
• Implement new security patches and upgrade the UNIX/Linux/Solaris operating system.
All About You
• Essential Skills the lead candidate might have:
• Operating Systems (OS) installation, systems management, security, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, and version upgrades on Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, or equivalent distribution.
• Thorough understanding of the following technologies as they apply to Systems Administration and architecture: software and hardware load-balancing, clusters, RAID, Intel Server architecture, Firewalls, Routers, SSL, SSH, etc.
• Ability to document solutions and designs as well as speak to a broad audience regarding the same.
•Performance tuning and troubleshooting
•Strong scripting capabilities to automate base system administration tasks
• Assist in the setting of system standards for base implementation (including limit values, volume and file system management, service configurations, etc.)
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to identify tasks which should be automated and then write the necessary scripts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-62789