MasterCard Senior Engineer, Data Center Engineering in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Engineer, Data Center Engineering
Job Overview – Senior Engineer Data Center Engineering
Design and engineer Mastercard Global and Hub Data centers that are home to the systems and applications that support Mastercard’s global business. The job holder will be responsible for installation, documentation, maintenance and support of network, compute, storage infrastructure as well as physical connectivity in these Data Centers.
• Installation and troubleshooting support, for multi-vendor hardware in an enterprise class data center environment. Design and support cost effective copper and fiber optic wiring solutions in support of multi-vendor hardware connectivity.
• Provide project support for major initiatives. Manage and coordinate colocation vendor resources for installation and cabling of multi-vendor IT equipment. Ensure Mastercard processes for asset and change management are meticulously adhered to.
• Manage physical aspects of the IT infrastructure by means of Mastercard standard DCIM tool.
• Evaluate new and existing software and hardware products to standard guidelines. Create and update Mastercard standards documentation for sharing with other internal teams.
• Provide support to remote technology teams for escalated issues. Under direction of remote SME’s, perform hardware and software changes on local IT infrastructure.
• On-Call support for hardware, networking, and infrastructure for a 7 x 24 data center.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate level of experience in multiple IT domains, including data center engineering, networking and IT infrastructure support.
• Thorough understanding of structured copper and fiber optic cabling solutions and methods for troubleshooting UTP Copper and Fiber Optic cabling issues.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP networking, standard networking protocols and basic network security utilizing Firewalls and router ACLs.
• Knowledge on Cisco product portfolio and Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems.
• Understanding of electrical and HVAC technologies and systems.
• Knowledge of DCIM tool e.g. AGConnect is considered as an asset.
• Must have the skills and be comfortable working in a large data center environment where extreme caution must be used working around production hardware.
• Basic Project Management experience in managing data center engineering projects.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team.
• Process oriented with keen eye for detail and accuracy.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108548