MasterCard Regulatory Compliance Director, Mastercard Europe in Waterloo, Belgium
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Regulatory Compliance Director, Mastercard Europe
MasterCard’s Global Regulatory team is responsible for liaising with key regulators and law enforcement officials for the purpose of preventing or minimizing the impact of adverse regulations on the company’s profitability and growth potential. This newly created position will play a key role in supporting the strategic development & implementation of regulatory infrastructure and the compilation of regulatory submissions and correspondence within the Mastercard Europe region. This position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Regulatory Affairs, based in Waterloo and the VP Regulatory Operations based in Purchase (US). This position is part of the Global Regulatory team from a functional perspective and the European legal team from a regional perspective.
The Director, Regulatory Compliance role will be responsible for:
• Supporting the VP Regulatory Operations and Senior Managing Counsel in cascading the Global Regulatory compliance strategy within the Mastercard Europe Region
• Assist the business with regulatory product scans
• The implementation and execution of the regulatory compliance strategy to ensure country-specific regulations are complied with and submission and regulatory reporting are prioritized and completed on time.
• The candidate will support regulatory examinations and other regulatory compliance matters in Russia/Russian speaking countries
• Conducting country level risk assessments and implementing policies, procedures and controls to mitigate risk
• Developing and implementing training for key regional stakeholders in line with the global strategy
• Evaluating current practices to streamline processes and drive efficiencies including maintaining an effective regulatory compliance monitoring tracker; including opportunities to leverage the global business services center
• Collaborating with Regulatory Affairs attorneys in the region and with the VP Regulatory Operations to socialize changes and ensure input from all stakeholders
• Participate in multi dimensional projects across business units/regions, successfully navigating
Throughout the organization by partnering effectively with individuals from other departments ad delivering results. Also Partner with regional/divisional management team in advising on issues related to regulatory compliance.
• Work together with and assist other departments as required, both on a local/regional and a global level such as but not limited to regional counsel and public policy teams.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree/Master (Degree in Law; Paralegal/Lawyer in one of the Member States of the European Union; or Risk, Regulatory & Compliance senior consultant)
• This role requires familiarity with regulatory compliance operations, including development and implementation of policies and procedures
• Experience in a regulatory compliance role in a corporation (preferably in the payments industry, banking or financial services sector)
• Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies
• Proven expertise in risk management frameworks gained through operations, business advisory and/or audit roles
• Proven success in navigating multi-national organizations and operating effectively within a diverse multicultural organization
• Must demonstrate a proactive, time sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations and responsibilities
• Global work experience and capacity to manage tasks across multiple regions, cultures and time zones
• Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
• Russian language required.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-102811