MasterCard Product Manager in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Security & Cyber innovation (Europe) –XXXX
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard’s Security & Cyber innovation team in Europe leverages world-class security products and services to lead multi-product commercialization initiatives.
As part of this organization, the Manager, Security & Cyber innovation is responsible for managing parts of our post transactional product area which Mastercard can offer to customers across Europe.
This role will work closely with both internal, external, private and public sector parties to understand the needs and technology required to deliver applicable solutions. This role will report to the Vice President, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions Europe. The location of this position is London (UK) or Waterloo (Belgium).
• Be end responsible for the assigned Cyber & Intelligence Solutions products in the Security & Cyber innovation domain in Europe on all aspects including P&L, KPI’s, go-to-market strategy, ….
• Products responsibility will mainly be in the post transactional product area, such as enriching transactions with merchant details towards consumers, digital receipts, etc..
• Research of post transaction innovation trends and threats to Mastercard customers across the entire digital ecosystem and broader financial sectors
• Work with cross functional Mastercard teams to integrate the different products with each other and create Mastercard overall storylines – key other teams to work with are the C&I Consumer Facing Product Teams and the Digital Teams.
• Develop and implement go-to-market strategies across assigned C&I product suite, in partnership with other Mastercard consumer facing product teams
• Partner with global product owners on the product lifecycle including business case creation, viability study technology assessment, go-to-market plan and product development.
• Engage with external key stakeholders; issuers, consumer focus groups and governments to ensure a detailed viability study of proposed solutions
• Engage with the various divisional expert teams and sales teams to build out a detailed go-to market plan for the European region.
• Work with key stakeholders to develop product roadmaps
• Deliver presentations, webinars and tutorials to demonstrate value to all stakeholders and further the ambition and success of Cyber & Intelligence products and services.
• Test, challenge and improve product business cases for overall viability and financial validity, leveraging business and financial acumen
• Be a subject matter expert, advocate and champion for designated post transaction C&I products to all stakeholders
• Recommend and influence product pricing, and oversee the development of training and other product support materials for the assigned C&I products
All About You
• This position requires a highly collaborative and self-driven individual who will need to manage relationships across multiple functional areas, divisions and regions- at times remotely with limited supervisory support.
• Cross-functional team leadership experience managing multiple, complex projects concurrently and delivering timely results under tight timelines
• Ability to influence with effective communications and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of payment and transaction ecosystem, understanding of competitive landscape and industry trends a plus
• Understanding of the post transactional space in general and Digital Receipt landscape in particular is a plus
• Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and synthesize large amounts of data, and provide recommendations effectively
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to management and business partners both internally and externally
• Ability to develop product storylines and compelling customer narratives in PowerPoint in partnership with other stakeholders
• Experience in customer facing roles is a plus
• Ability to embrace complexity, but deliver/articulate simplicity
• Advanced degree helpful
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184797