MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS) is a leading supplier of on-line payment and fraud screening services. As part of MasterCard, we are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. This position reports to the Director, Market Product Management, Europe and will provide detailed product support to the account teams, and key clients as required.
You'll be part of the European Value proposition team responsible for outlining the regional value proposition of the product, creation, maintenance and execution of gating processes within our client lifecycle and supporting the day-to-day aspects of several strategic projects.
This individual is considered an expert on the Payment Gateway products and payments industry in general. You will be expected to work across all areas of the business to support the successful sales and implementation of new customers.
This is a very exciting role with lots of exposure to large organizational projects, within a strongly fin-tech oriented environment. No single day is the same, so if you want an expansive role with challenge, flexibility and opportunity to learn, apply now!
• Use your expert knowledge of the product and the market to engineer solutions to customer pain points and present value proposition
• Provide expert level product support to existing customers and Mastercard internal teams - technical understanding of the client needs and product features required/implemented
• Ability to lead technical discovery and solution development workshops with new and existing customers
• Regularly interact with global product and technical teams to develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the products
• Provide local support and training to multiple areas within Mastercard, including Account teams, and customers where required, on the product, the market and best practices in implementation.
• Work with local account/product and global product teams in order to design payment solutions that meet client requirements
• Ability to communicate situationally with technically literate and non-literate stakeholders to build and implement new features as required
• Support the Director, Strategic Project Management, to manage and coordinate key client deliverables across multiple cross-functional teams
• Identify and ensure the timely delivery of project dependencies for clients
All About You:
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar B.S. degree from an accredited college/university
• Professional experience in a client facing consulting or technical support role
• Payment Industry experience
o Strong credit card payments experience (card not present and card present)
o Understanding of card scheme rules for associations
o Understanding of operation of payment instrument types beyond credit eg. APM’s
• High attention to details, adaptable, executes with a sense of urgency
• Experience supporting teams integrating API or similar web-based technologies into existing systems
• Outstanding planning and organizational skills, able to work on different complex initiatives at the same time. High sense of rigor and systematic in the delivery of the objectives set and plan defined.
• Extensive practical experience planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience managing expectations across internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
• High self-motivation and ability to work autonomously; “can do” attitude; strong customer and results orientation
• Proficient in Powerpoint, can create compelling executive level presentations; and proficiency in Confluence, and Excel
• Ability to travel up to 20%
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139463