MasterCard Manager, Governance and Resilience in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Governance and Resilience
Mastercard is a global technology company and the Operations and Technology teams are central to building and delivering our products, services and technology to our customers. O&T is responsible for a broad set of technology capabilities including Markets and Localisation, Corporate Security and Payment Networks.
The O&T Europe team is looking for a Governance and Resilience Manager to support the regional regulatory requirements on the function. This role sits within Markets and Localisation and will report to the Governance and Resilience Director, Europe.
• Coordinate responses to European regulators on behalf of Operations and Technology in an effective and timely manner
• Manage the end-to-end departmental procedures for network incidents including collaboratively working with cross functional teams, establishing and enhancing internal templates and following up on post-incident actions
• Support key stakeholders (Technology Risk Management, Regulatory Affairs and other relevant lines of business) to deliver a cohesive and collaborative approach to Mastercard’s regulatory obligations
• Produce timely and accurate metrics in support of regional Committee needs
• Provide leadership and guidance to junior team members
• 5+ years experience in IT, Banking, Payment or FinTech sectors in similar role (Operations, Security, Resilience, Compliance)
• Strong verbal and communication skills and familiar with delivering presentations to senior leadership
• Relentless focus on operational excellence
• Self-starter with ability to work independently (remote management)
• Be a team player with strong business and operations focus, always looking for potential solutions to solve problems
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with all key stakeholders
• Knowledge of laws and regulations that relate to technology, cybersecurity and IT management, especially in relation to the payments sector (desirable not essential)
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179529