MasterCard Manager, Deal Management in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Deal Management
This position will report into the Director - Business Development Finance Europe.
Location: Waterloo or London
• Responsible for the establishment and management of strategic and complex customer business agreements in assigned countries
• Ensure through organizational planning the consistent execution of agreements by identifying and working with all required stakeholders
• Establish mutually quantifiable goals that drive profitability for MasterCard and customers.
• Fully understand internal guidelines, pricing, regulatory environment, business environment and apply already established measures to drive profitability for MasterCard and customers.
• Manage the customer business development (deal) process in the development and pursuit of high-priority deals.
• Support the European Sales Team within the assigned Countries, building profitable and protected deals structure for MasterCard and playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects. This includes business case modeling for complex deals, non-traditional Customers, and Pan-European opportunities;
• Prioritize business opportunities within the assigned Countries in a fully independent way;
• Ensure the integrity, compliance and tracking of business cases and financial models;
• Translate business needs, strategies and regulatory requirements into business cases models;
• Co-operate with the legal department to incorporate the business case performance commitments within contracts.
• Co-operate with other departments (accounting, tax, local finance) to optimize deals structure;
• Perform regular analysis to assist senior management in the evaluation of opportunities
• Facilitate Senior Management review;
• Defend deals to approvers, up to US finance management, via the preparation of executive summaries and additional financial analysis;
• Perform detailed contract reviews to ensure full alignment with approved BC models;
• Organize and provide training and advice to account teams on the business case process, financial model and its best practices and on recent regulatory guidelines;
• Review and challenge Business case models built by other analysts;
• Demonstrates thought leadership and strategic thinking and is able to provide both an executive and operational perspective in complex deal situations
• Possesses a natural collaborative style, and is able to work effectively and efficiently across the multiple areas and levels of the MasterCard organization in ensuring that the best thinking and assets are brought to bear in each deal
• Leadership presence and credibility with various levels of management, able to persuade, motivate and influence others effectively to achieve MasterCard's business goal
• Ability to dialogue effectively with customers at various management levels
• Demonstrates a high degree of credibility with customers and with executives and staff at MasterCard
• Stress resistant to cope with unexpected and multiple demands
All About You
• Degree in Finance or Economics
• Strong experience, including experience in both financial and customer-facing roles
• Proven leadership skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
• High potential with excellent financial, analytical, and communication skills
• High degree of business acumen and strong knowledge of Card and Financial Services Industry dynamics and business drivers
• Thrives in fast-paced work environment
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic;
• Proactive and able to work well independently and in teams;
• Eye for details but also capacity to have an helicopter view, to compare and leverage experiences across countries;
• Good organizational skills, ability to deliver within agreed deadlines, to act with sense of urgency and prioritize tasks;
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and ability to adapt to multicultural environments;
• Process minded with strong analytical skills;
• Ability to summarize, to identify key elements, to provide short and comprehensive information useful for the approval;
• Identify risks and find the best balance between risks and opportunities;
• Ability to share an opinion and support it with facts
• Customer focused;
• Solution oriented. Capacity to identify risks
• Curiosity and interest for the challenges and requests faced by our business partners (take the time to follow-up on negotiations status, to understand short terms and long term country strategies, to learn about market / customer specifics;
• Capacity to work in an environment where not all the variable are known (capacity to make assumptions and proposals);
• Very good knowledge of excel
• Knowledge of a language of one or more of the managed countries is an asset;
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170409