MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
• KMS Software Engineering team is mainly composed of Developers as well as Business Analysts and Unit Testers.
• KMS Software Engineering team is used to develop and maintain Cryptographic applications used worldwide by Mastercard (i.e. KMC10, NEPP, MCW, …)
• KMS business drastically changed these last years - impacting the level of effort to be deployed by the Development team.
• KMS is looking for a Software developer who supports KMS Software Engineering Team through designing, programming, testing, documenting and delivering new or existing software solutions.
• Designing, developing, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Devising elegant and practical solutions to technical problems.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on requirement and design specifications within expected time and budget.
• Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
All About You
• Essential – Design Patterns: Expert.
o Micro services, CQRS, event sourcing, queues (prior, load leveling), 12 factor application principles
• Essential – Java SE 11 / Java EE 8: Expert.
o Spring 5 / Spring Boot + hibernate.
o Functional interfaces, lambda expression.
o JSON-P/B, JEE Security API
• Essential – Cloud architecture practical knowledge: Relevant experience needed.
o Practical knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
• Essential – Database: Good Knowledge.
• Essential – English spoken/read/written: Intermediate.
• Desirable – Cryptographic skills & knowledge of Thales Payshield 9/10k HSMs.
• Desirable – C, C++, Python.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-185343