MasterCard Lead Security Monitoring and Response Analyst in Waterloo, Belgium
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Security Monitoring and Response Analyst
Reports to the Technology Recovery Director as a member of Mastercard Group’s Enterprise Resilience function providing focused governance and technology recovery (IT DR) project management support for Mastercard’s international customer-facing technology platforms. Primarily responsible for technology recovery preparedness and its global representation to regulators, customers and other interested external stakeholders. This is a “hands on” technical SME and external liaison role.
• Support ISO 22301 alignment and drive to certification for in-scope environments through execution of Enterprise Resilience Policy with an emphasis on continuous improvement
• Support for business continuity related ISO 27001 and ISAE 3000 certification requirements
• Ensure technology recovery regulatory compliance for all in-scope jurisdictions in which Mastercard operates
• Responding to regulator and customer/bid requests and audits
• Generic technology recovery subject matter expert supporting the Technology Recovery Team during technology crises and managing a varied program technology recovery exercises required by Mastercard and its strategic partners
• Technology recovery exercise and documentation coordination for Mastercard and its strategic partners
• System impact analysis and resilience risk assessment coordination, detailed QA and support for the business
• Third party risk assessments
• Design and delivery of stakeholder training and senior management/customer presentations
• Enhancement, automation and delivery of senior management and regulatory metrics reporting
• Further standardize and document technology processes across Mastercard to further enhance consistent, efficient and repeatable processes
• Build key business relationships and become a trusted partner to further embed a resilience-focused culture
• Management and advocacy for the ongoing Mastercard Enterprise Resilience integration program
• Subject matter expertise contributor to Mastercard Enterprise Resilience function
• Manage ad hoc Mastercard Enterprise Resilience strategic projects including definition of the requirements, coordination of support teams, and status reporting
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably related to Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
• Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role required
• CBCI (Business Continuity Institute) or CBCP (DRI) accreditation or similar required at minimum; more advanced accreditation advantageous
• Demonstrable experience in ISO 22301 certification maintenance and/or implementation required; ISO 22301 Lead Auditor accreditation advantageous
• Failover-focused knowledge in the following environment is advantageous: Oracle Database & Data Guard, Linux, Networks
• Demonstrable knowledge of ISO 27031 advantageous
• Demonstrable experience of working within regulated environments required; direct regulator liaison experience advantageous
• Strong technology recovery exercise and reporting coordination experience required; technology background advantageous
• Strong experience in designing, facilitating and reporting on complex, scenario-based technology recovery exercises required; experience of managing real technology crises advantageous
• Demonstrable experience in responding to customer audits and managing resilience third party risk process required
• Strong experience in system impact analysis, resilience risk assessment and technology recovery plan design and population required
• Strong experience of delivering staff training and management/customer presentations required
• Project and/or risk management experience or accreditation highly advantageous
• Information/cyber security experience or accreditation advantageous
• Financial services experience advantageous
• Fusion Business Continuity software experience advantageous
• Experience in the design and delivery of management information metrics advantageous
• Calm under pressure
• Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results with limited supervision
• Understands when to escalate
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Strong analytical background with the ability to identify deficiencies in recovery strategies, plans and internal processes
• Ability to manage large complex projects and multiple assignments, which may require prioritization of assignments with ability to multi-task with sense of urgency
• Develops relationships with people at all levels and in various functions and specialties of organizations, both in external environments and internally
• Be personable yet able to challenge/question constructively when necessary
• High attention to detail
• Commercially focused
• Copes well in a dynamic, complex environment
• Willingness to undertake occasional international short-term travel and occasional out-of-hours work required
• Participation in on-call Rota required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98359