MasterCard Intern, Mastercard Academy Europe in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Intern, Mastercard Academy Europe
All About Mastercard Academy
The Mastercard Academy was established over 25 years ago to help Mastercard customers and partners gain the knowledge, skills and insights needed to succeed in the world of payments. Over this time, we have developed our training offering to include a range of topics and areas that keep pace with an ever-changing world. Through our many training programs and events, customers can learn more about Mastercard’s payment solutions and processes, and how to get the best from them. They can also find out more about the wider world of payments covering the latest trends and developments in digital and new payment channels. They have the choice of how to learn – by joining a virtual seminar and/or creating a customized training program, and/or learning online through Academy on the web.
Make an Impact
As an intern on the Mastercard Academy Europe Team, you will collaborate with awesome colleagues to perform data analysis, prepare reports & dashboards, run customer surveys & analyses of results, as well as create presentations for members of the management team. Concretely, you will be asked to:
As an insight, the intern:
• Runs the year-end Academy customer survey and analyzes its results which need to be reported in a PowerPoint presentation
• Improves the quality of the data related to our trainings, retrieved from Adobe Connect, and improves its reporting process
• Creates dashboards and PowerPoint templates to report the Academy impact to the senior management team, which involves: (1) understanding of the type of updates that the Academy tracks and reports; (2) creating from scratch a coherent logical structure of a PowerPoint presentation, to be updated quarterly; (3) formatting and styling the presentation into various versions depending on the division in accordance with Mastercard’s requirements (color palette, font, imaging, etc.)
• Collaborates with colleagues across different areas of the organization
• Receives extensive training focusing on helping build core consulting skill set
• Grows their career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced team member
• Has an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
At the end of your internship, we would like you to have an in-depth understanding of the payment and fintech industry and of Mastercard’s business thanks to a wide range of self-paced trainings, day-to-day coaching, mentoring, and exposure. But more importantly, we would like you to have built a broader set of soft and hard skills and master a wider array of content. This is a unique opportunity to inject more flexibility into your career path and live a Priceless internship experience.
All About You
Basic conditions (applicable to all interns)
• Be an EU citizen
• Attend a recognized Belgium-based university or high school (“Haute Ecole”)
• Be a full-time student
• Be a bachelor’s degree (“Haute Ecole”) or a master’s degree (university) student with outstanding record of academic achievement
• Be available for at least two months (three months preferably)
• Be able to provide an internship agreement that is produced by the attended university or “Haute Ecole”
• Good command of English, any other language is a plus (e.g., Spanish, Italian, Russian)
• Be a Communication, Information and Communications Sciences and Technologies, Marketing or Multimedia student, or any other relevant area
• Good analytical and data reporting skills
• Have proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities (e.g., student worker experiences, society, etc.)
• Show interest and passion in the payment and fintech industry
• Be willing to work within teams to produce outstanding deliverables with a will to win attitude
• Be eager and able to learn fast and adapt to a rapidly growing and changing environment
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good command of MS Office tools
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142477