MasterCard Intern, Legal Services in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Intern, Legal Services
All About Mastercard Legal Services
Mastercard Legal Services, part of the Legal & Franchise Integrity (LFI) Business Unit, provide legal services support to LFI and business partners across Mastercard. The current scope of services includes end-to-end contracting tool support for Europe region, corporate housekeeping, and Board management support.
Make an Impact
As an intern on the Legal Services Team, you will collaborate with awesome colleagues in the legal department to give Pan European support to our European business and to be the point of contact between the legal team, our legal partners, and our clients.
As an insight, the intern:
• Provides paralegal and contract administrative support to legal specialists and legal generalists to enable Mastercard to achieve its strategic objectives
• Reviews, collates and compiles information including assisting in legal documents/contracts/matters
• Maintains and documents status of all existing and new legal documents/contracts/matters
• Content management within MC/Law Department database with copies of legal documents and information related to our entities.
• May assist in administrative activities related to training sessions and/or events conducted by the Law Department
• Grows their career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced team member
• Has an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
At the end of your internship, we would like you to have an in-depth understanding of the payment and fintech industry and of Mastercard’s business thanks to a wide range of self-paced trainings, day-to-day coaching, mentoring, and exposure. But more importantly, we would like you to have built a broader set of soft and hard skills and master a wider array of content. This is a unique opportunity to inject more flexibility into your career path and live a Priceless internship experience.
All About You
Basic conditions (applicable to all interns)
• Be a EU citizen
• Attend a recognized Belgium-based university or high school (“Haute Ecole”)
• Be a full-time student
• Be a bachelor’s degree (“Haute Ecole”) or a master’s degree (university) student with outstanding record of academic achievement
• Be available for at least two months (three months preferably)
• Be able to provide an internship agreement that is produced by the attended university or “Haute Ecole”
• Good command of English, any other language is a plus
• Be a legal student
• Have proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities (e.g., student worker experiences, society, etc.)
• Ability to deliver on a timely basis
• Show interest and passion for technology and legal matters
• Be eager and able to learn fast and adapt to a rapidly growing and changing environment
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good command of MS Office tools
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142478