MasterCard Information Security Engineer II (Key Management) in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Information Security Engineer II (Key Management)
• The PKI Engineering team is looking for a candidate, who will be part of a team to support aspects of the enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), certificate management and aspects shared Hardware Security Module (HSM) infrastructures
• The ideal person should be able to extrapolate information with minimal details provided and apply business process improvement practices
• Ability to coordinate and/or support large complex projects including upgrades and deployment of new capabilities and enhancements
• Perform PKI design which will result in the delivery of x.509 certificates in support of Mastercard projects and infrastructure, which includes on/off-hours support including problem analysis and resolution
• Proficient with database queries and SQL
• Participate in defining and developing the strategic plan for PKI and the enterprise certificate management service
• Provide certificate support on UNIX, mainframe, and Windows.
• Knowledge of HSMs and PKI tools such as OpenSSL and keytool is a plus.
• Technical experience in cryptography, including several of the following: PKI, digital certificates, SSL, hashing, encryption techniques, etc.
• Participate in the preparation and execution of disaster recovery on business continuity plans
All About You
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels across the organization
• Detail oriented, self-starter, and able to work independently at self-directed pace
• IT experience with thought-leadership, cross-functional influence, and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record
• Must be able to act with a sense of urgency and respond to issues critical in nature
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161323