MasterCard Director, Biometric Identification and authentication solutions in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Biometric Identification and authentication solutions
Within Mastercard, the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions group defines payment solutions and work with the industry to get them implemented and made available to our customers.
Over the past few years, biometrics solutions have become critical components in the payment allowing authenticating the payer during face 2 face and e -commerce transactions. Biometrics as an identification solution is now equally considered.
One of MasterCard’s assets is to provide to its end customers (issuers and acquirers) availability of robust and high quality technological certified products that will enable them to fulfil their business missions and bring new payment solutions in the market according to MasterCard requirements.
As part of the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions group, the Digital Design team, is the technical team defining the requirements and defining and developing the vendor testing and approval processes.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Engineering Director to join the testing team from Digital Design. In this role you will be a leading the biometric solution testing process definition and development.
In this position you will be given the chance to work at a global level on a high variety of products and projects and with worldclass biometrics and payment solutions providers and laboratories as well as with dynamic smaller fintechs.
• Define and maintain testing requirements and evaluation processes for different biometric modalities for both Identification and Verification use cases.
• Liaise with Mastercard product and specification teams and support with standards, rolling out Mastercard requirements
• Support several company initiatives as the Mastercard Biometrics SME.
• SME in biometrics including Fingerprint, Facial recognition, Iris recognition, Hand Geometry, Vein, Voice recognition and Passive biometrics.
• Oversee project timeline and deliverables and ensure timely delivery of all solutions.
• Define and maintain CDCVM standards involving Mobile devices, wearables etc.
• Manage tools and process development from 3rd party (e.g. laboratories) including planning and budget negotiations.
• Develop test process for accrediting laboratories and performing audit of accredit laboratories
• Maintain presentation attack species in the laboratories, evolve them as per industry standards
• Be Mastercard representatives in working group of standardization bodies like FIDO, ISO and EMVCo for Biomterics matters.
• Responsible for staying on top of the industry’s latest trends.
• Masters or PhD in Mathematics/Statistics/Biometrics and some relevant work experience
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; be able to clearly communicate data findings in compelling messages to all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good to have the knowledge of Document standards, ICAO etc
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of ISO standard related to biometrics Identification and Verification solutions and their evaluation as well as of NIST/Fido requirements and procedures.
• Knowledge of EMV standards is a plus.
• Familiar with testing strategies is an asset
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140020