MasterCard Associate Specialist, HR Services in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Specialist, HR Services
Job Description Summary
The Global Business Services Center (GBSC) is Mastercard’s shared services organization supporting the business in all countries and business units. This position is responsible for ensuring support in resolving inquiries across a breadth of functional areas and supporting programs and processes on a global basis.
• The organization has team members in several locations throughout the world to provide superior customer service to our employees and align with time zones and language differences
• The position for, Associate Specialist, People & Capability Shared Services, will provide support to all employees across a breadth of functional areas, with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, and timeliness. The role supports the employee life cycle from interview scheduling through end of employment. Support includes first contact case resolution utilizing the Knowledgebase and general understanding of Mastercard’s policies/programs
• Providing support for all inbound inquiries globally, issues and requests from internal and external customers through several communication channels (email, phone, chat)
• Ensuring team targets and KPIs are met and/or exceeded
• Supports operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives
Issue Resolution & Case Management
• Provides resolution for Mastercard employee related inquiries, external customers and suppliers
• Responds to customer emails, chats and phone calls in a timely manner with a goal to resolve within first contact
• Provide administrative support for involuntary terminations creating separation agreements, coordinating logistics and ensuring the termination is entered timely and accurately into HR system of record.
• Maintain creation of newly created positions and job requisitions, ensuring SLAs are adhered to as well as key data elements are verified and entered into HR system of record.
• Support full employee life cycle, streamlining manager and HR actions by providing guidance and ensuring adherence to processes through workflows and audit requirements.
• Use case management system to document, track and log inquiry resolutions.
• Meet or exceed individual daily productivity measures with case and call volumes.
• Work various work shifts (Days and evenings) to support global case and call volumes
• Escalates in-scope, complex cases to Subject Matter Expert or Tier 2 when appropriate, with complete documentation on work performed to date, following through on issue until adequately resolved
• Manages confidential data in a professional manner and according to U.S HIPAA rules and MasterCard confidentiality requirements
• Ensures audit compliance through transaction processing and approval flows
• Responds to systems issues and applies judgement when to escalate issues up to senior colleagues and conducts ad hoc research as needed to support team
• Assists with the identification of process improvements and, with guidance, participates in the implementation of improvements
• Promotes employee self-service to reduce call and case volume in the future
• Performs ongoing documentation and procedures maintenance as required
• Complete simple to moderately complex special projects, as needed
• Resolve simple to moderately complex issues regarding inquiries, and where possible, assist with finding solutions
• Contributes ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement of Helpdesk related processes
• Assists with training of new hires and changing programs and business processes
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the Knowledge Base tool, relevant data tools and operations processes
• Conducts stress tests for "the Knowledge Base" tool and provides feedback for system improvements
• Provides superior customer service according to the GBSC standards
• Operates in a professional manner that is responsive and flexible to cultural differences
• Performs at level that assists in attaining overall and team-level performance measure and goals
• Plans and organizes work so the Service Level Agreement objectives are realized
• Maintains positive work relationships with members of other teams in the GBSC to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities
• Assists in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction
All About You
Education & Experience:
• Experience performing daily transactions; exposure to analyzing work for quality, productivity and timeliness
• Experience suggesting process improvement activities
• Experience in shared services or internal service delivery role preferred
• A highly organized, articulate individual who knows how to develop and maintain excellent working relationships as well as providing customer satisfaction as needed
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously acquired through previous experience in related field
• Strong emphasis on customer service with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrates a high degree of comfort navigating multi-channel communication platforms and sites
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Work effectively in dynamic, time-sensitive, high volume environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and is collaborative/team-oriented
• Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (i.e., MS Outlook, MS Word) preferred
• Excellent MS Office Suite Skills: Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Workday experience a plus
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179161