MasterCard Associate Managing Consultant in Waterloo, Belgium
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Associate Managing Consultant
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consulting services (including business strategy, proposition & operating model design, performance optimisation, marketing, information and risk management) to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
With its unique payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients
• Are you motivated by developing new consulting models, leading to insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
• Can you develop key hypotheses and construct logical storylines?
• Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
The roles provide new hires the opportunity to:
• Gain first-hand external management consulting experience by working across numerous high profile clients in multiple industries, including Europe’s largest financial institutions and merchants
• Enhance consulting skills through engagement work as well as relevant and extensive training & development programs
• Have global exposure through European and international project opportunities
• Progress into other existing roles across the business (including, but are not limited to, Products & Emerging Payments, Marketing, Sales, Account Management & Advisors)
• Access to a very competitive compensation package
• Work with external clients to understand their needs and develop strategic recommendations
• Collaborate with colleagues to produce exceptional deliverables for clients around the World
• Participate in final client presentations to senior external stakeholders
• Be a valued and respected team member who actively participates and contributes to all team discussions
• Leverage subject matter expertise from Advisors partners globally on your client engagements
• Become immersed in the fascinating, complex, and fast-moving payments and technology industry and develop payments-industry knowledge
• Rigorously leverage MasterCard’s internal data resources, including information from over $4T in yearly transactions, to uncover and communicate meaningful insights
• Contribute to cutting-edge strategy consulting for MasterCard Worldwide and support intellectual capital development for Advisors
• Actively share tools, methodologies and best practices across projects
All about you:
• 5-7 years of working experience in management and business consulting
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong presence & communication skills – both interpersonal & written
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills; collaborates well across multiple communication channels
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
• Well-rounded individual with significant extracurricular involvement
• Education Needed: Master Degree in Scientific subjects (Business, economics, engineering, mathematics, …) or Master Degree in other subjects with outstanding final grade
• English & Italian fluency (verbal and written) is required, additional languages is a plus
• Past experience abroad is required (Erasmus, exchange projects, work experience, …)
• Knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
Waterloo or Amsterdam
Mastercard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: Consultant, Strategy Consultant, Management Consultant, Associate, Manager, Business Development.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-79073