MasterCard Analyst, Payroll in Waterloo, Belgium
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Global Payroll is a part of Mastercard’s Global Business Service Center (GBSC) – HR Vertical and is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payments to our employees globally.
The organization has team members in several locations throughout the world to provide superior customer service to our employees and align with time zones and language differences
• Do you have a continuous process improvement mindset?
• Do you consider yourself as a critical thinker with strengths in leadership and applying global business acumen?
• Do you contribute and thrive in an organization that is metrics and SLA driven with a focus on continuous process improvement?
• Can you demonstrate your ability to lead thoughtful decision making and be flexible in a fast paced, deadline focused, changing environment?
• Manage country portfolio for payroll administration operationally, following all controls
• Ensure monthly labor reporting is accurate and support the results through the reconciliation process
• Provide support to HR and employees by researching any inquiries and delivering excellent customer service
• Ensure proper communication to vendors
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Identify problems that require investigation and analysis and develop solution options
• Support project tasks related to expansion activities including acquisitions and new countries
All About You
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken, with excellent communication skills.
• Moderate experience in payroll/finance/accounting and/or global mobility and ability to demonstrate success in designing and managing global operational controls.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills (knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and/or other process improvement methodologies would be highly valued)
• Highly organized, articulate who knows how to develop and maintain excellent working relationships as well as providing strong customer satisfaction results are needed
• Ability to be flexible in a fast paced, deadline focused, changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in groups to complete time-sensitive projects within internal and external deadlines
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129273