MasterCard Director, Product Development in Washington, District Of Columbia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development
Director, Product Development - Foundry
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Foundry is the innovation engine of Mastercard and a hub for new product development. We do this by driving product innovation in emerging technologies and interfaces while focusing on developing a point of view to enhance existing solutions and new use-cases. We also focus on building revenue generating ecosystems and flywheels that can be standalone in adjacent segments and markets. Examples of focus areas include Cloud Commerce, Crypto / Metaverse, and Open Finance.
Within Foundry, the Director, Product Development will be a critical driver of new product development, including identification, execution, and in-market delivery of new Digital products and solutions. The responsibilities will include execution of near-term opportunities that drive significant in year revenue and strategic differentiation for Mastercard, as well as scoping, identification, in-market testing of longer-term product concepts and solutions
• Identify, develop, and commercialize new Digital payments products, services, and capabilities in partnership with internal and external stakeholders at a global and regional level
• Assess market opportunities, build storytelling / narratives and drive business cases that articulate value for Mastercard (e.g., customer engagement metrics, revenues)
• Own prototyping and in-market testing, and drive product commercialization in partnership with Global Product and Account teams
• Drive thought leadership and the learning agenda across key opportunity spaces
• Influence and maintain key stakeholder relationships, acting as a trusted partner for all innovation and product development needs
• Effectively partner and align with key groups across Mastercard (e.g., Technology, Operations, Legal) to develop solutions, gain support, get buy-in for key decisions
• Lead and develop project teams, junior product managers and analysts; attract high quality talent to Mastercard
All About You
• Product management experience, including rapid opportunity identification, concept development and in market testing of global products
• Experience in various elements of the new product development process - product strategy, branding, sales enablement, market positioning, end to end consumer & customer experience, partnerships / alliances, operations, and performance
• Deep Payments, financial services, technology, or corporate innovation experience (e.g., fintechs, issuers, acquirers, processors, digital wallets, super apps, tech platforms)
• Awareness of key trends and emerging technologies impacting Payments globally
• Technical expertise, and experience working with R&D teams
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to drive compelling narratives / storylines, and business cases – driving clear consensus on product value propositions that are synthesized from a variety of inputs and viewpoints
• Demonstrated success in developing senior stakeholder relationships
• Ability to effectively collaborate with external (investors, fintech/strategic partners, industry thought leaders) and internal partners (e.g., Account Executives, Global Product, Technology, Operations, Data Analytics, Pricing, Legal) to launch products and solutions in market
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $174,000 - $269,000
Westchester County Salary Range: $165,300 - $255,550
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183827