MasterCard Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Database Administrator (Oracle)
The Database Administrator plays a critical role within the Processing Service Delivery organization. This individual will lead large initiatives, be responsible for gathering requirements through feature requests from our development partners, perform analysis and implementation of database designs, provide consulting, and drive the best practice, governance, and standards of Database Engineering in Mastercard
The Processing Service Delivery team is looking for a candidate who can help us solve problems, build and maintain our databases, and lead Mastercard in Database automation and best practices.
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
• Are you interested in leading the database realm for a high-functioning Engineering team?
• Have you worked in global teams across differing geographies?
• Do you an entrepreneurial spirit and embrace critical questioning, innovation, customer service and continuous improvement?
Database Engineering (DE) supports Mastercard Business Systems and Operations across the globe. As part of Technology Operations, DE drives the database engineering best practice, governance and standards in Mastercard. As a Sr. Engineer part of the Processing Service Delivery team, you will leverage your knowledge and skills to deploy and manage various database technologies in Test and Production environments for global products ranging from Developer APIs to Digital Checkout to Card Tokenization.
Major Accountabilities for this role:
• Managing wide variety databases, particularly must be highly experienced in database backup and recovery, performance tuning, and high availability configuration. Database technologies include (but are not limited to): Oracle, PostgreSQL, NoSQL [added advantage]. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing client’s expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
• Guides and provides direction for use of best practices and application database solutions to Mastercard’s development teams.
• Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
• Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management, database reorganization and internals, backup and recovery, replication, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits).
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases with relevant certifications
• Good understanding of security standards and best practices around database platforms.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN for Oracle.
• Working PL/SQL coding background.
• Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning and/or sharding concepts.
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle features.
• Knowledge of multiple database technologies (including but not limited to): Oracle, PostgreSQL, NoSQL. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
• Understanding of CAP theorem and its implementation in NoSQL Technologies.
• Understanding of logical and physical data models on structured and unstructured data patterns.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Database Engineering’s role in supporting business processes.
• Demonstrates the ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
• Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA’s position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts.
• Ability to pick up new technologies at a quick pace.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
• Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-185151