MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
Senior Business Operations Engineer
Job Description Summary
Mastercard Processing is an issuing processor headquartered in Warsaw, Poland and operating in 32 European markets. We offer comprehensive payment solutions that empower customers to launch payment products with efficiency, scalability, and speed to market. Our flexible solution leverages powerful APIs for platform integration, focusing on digital use cases to enable instant issuance of virtual cards and more. Our services leverage state-of-the art security at the forefront and allow access to the latest technologies.
Currently we are looking for talented IT Specialist to join our React Team for Senior Business Operations Engineer position. The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform by managing, mitigating, and building awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk.
React Team puts efforts to speed resolutions in Business Operations, and bridge the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. All activities are focused on Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automation of existing technical processes, enhancing, monitoring, and identifying efficiency for Core Services. We implement, enhance, and enforce consistent practices in Business Operations department. We are providing Level 2 of support during regular office hours and on-call and perform maintenance activities for business applications on Production and Pre-production environments.
As a member of React Team you will provide cross platform and cross technology support. You will manage technical and functional incidents and perform planned technical operations including troubleshooting management. You will apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core applications and share application knowledge and mentor team members.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and
design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design
consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability,
latency, and overall system health
• Ensures platform procedures are well documented
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to
development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Assist the local team to ensure projects are completed to enhance the
• Learn new methodologies to improve Business Operations
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• Assure high availability for administered systems on the defined level
• Create and maintain production procedures
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies
and time zones
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by
understanding the business implications of our products
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer
experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Streamline and standardize traditional application specific support activities
• Centralize points of interaction for both internal and external partners by
communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Automate BAU tasks
All About You
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g., physics or
mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
• Experience in the financial industry
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to
prioritize needs and to build relationships
• Good level of English
• Strong Analytical skills
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with communication skills and
a sense of ownership and drive
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a
sense of urgency is needed
• Unix / PERL / BASH advanced
• SQL PL/SQL advanced (querying and administration)
• Understanding of File Transfer technologies and batch applications
• Ability to interact with customers, project teams, suppliers and asking
effective, forward thinking questions
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
• ITIL foundation
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management,
and software design
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or
• CI/CD fundamentals
• Familiar with monitoring tools, i.e. Splunk, Zabbix
• Interest in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed
• Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins,
Maven, Artifactory, and Chef
• Experience in Way4 and or other OpenWay applications
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137671