MasterCard Senior Application Administrator in Warsaw, Poland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Application Administrator
Are you passionate about technology?
Do you want to work with some of the fastest payment processing systems in the world ?
Do you want to work for a leading Global brand?
Mastercard Payment Transaction Services (MPTS) Europe is a fully Mastercard owned processing asset, a brand agnostic payment processing company. The company was founded in 2008 with initial focus on the Polish market. It is located in Warsaw, Poland. Over the past few years MPTS Europe has developed its business and expanded into other EU countries. We offer comprehensive payment solutions to banks, financial institutions and non-traditional issuers (i.e. FinTech, retailers). We drive innovation in the area of card processing covering both physical and digital space.
MPTS Europe has invested in the best-in-class solutions in order to support end-to-end product lifecycle including a wide range of value added services, as well as customer support via different servicing channels. MPTS Europe’s mission is to deliver innovative and reliable payment processing solutions. Our company leverages industry best practices combined with payment expertise to drive client revenue and profitability
Due to the Company’s growth and business opportunities we are looking for experienced Senior Application Administrators
This role sits in our Warsaw offices and holds responsibility for the ongoing administration of our core payment processing systems. The successful applicant will be involved in the following:
• Handling issues that have been identified by the first line support team
• Working on our core payment processing system
• Reviewing and identifying problems with payment authorisation and fixing issues
• When needed escalate issues to 3rd party suppliers to fix
• Ongoing monitoring and liaison with 3rd party suppliers to ensure all issues are fixed
• Translating business requirements into technical requirements
• Communicating with key clients regarding system issues and resolutions
Cooperation (internally with other teams and externally with vendors) to develop and test production fixes/ improvements
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
• Fluency in English and Polish (verbal and written)
• Previous experience in an application administration position ideally gained within a Global organisation
• Proven track record of working within a deadline driven environment
• Competent in writing SQL scripts/ queries
• Experience with ORACLE data bases
• Ability to create scripts in the shell of the unix based operating system
• Technical expertise combined with strong business acumen
• Ability to learn quickly and look for effective solutions
The following skills and experience would be beneficial but not essential:
• An understanding of high availability systems or payments systems
• Knowledge of cryptographic issues in the card environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-54373