MasterCard Platform Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
You will be working in an established Infrastructure Team based in Warsaw where you will be responsible for all infrastructure support, run and build for Mastercard Processing SA located in two data centres.
Vulnerability management and working to a strict framework will be a large part of the role alongside project work.
• Building, implementing, and maintaining support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analysing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (e.g. middleware, compute & storage)
• Developing, building, and maintaining platform technologies and associated software products
• Performing hardware and software implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity; may guide others on implementation and troubleshooting activities
• Supporting holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Drafting and reviewing status reports and troubleshooting guides, carrying out project plans to ensure project milestones are met and progress is successfully communicated
• Developing configuration, process, and procedure standards to support moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Recommending and implementing business and process improvements to facilitate optimal performance within an area of expertise
All About You
The successful candidate for this role will have:
• Very good understanding infrastructures technologies from any parts like Linux and Windows server OS, virtualization, servers, storages, backups, networks, databases.
• Experience with build various infrastructure solutions
• Experience with understanding and implementing hardening guides
• Experience with work with auditors during audits
• Experience with troubleshooting problems in infrastructure area
• High technical skills to work with IT Technologies
• Good written and spoken English
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119362