MasterCard Manager, Product Management (API and digital payments) in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management (API and digital payments)
Mastercard Processing is an issuing processor headquartered in Warsaw, Poland and operating in 32 European markets. We offer comprehensive payment solutions that empower customers to launch payment products with efficiency, scalability, and speed to market. Our flexible solution leverages powerful APIs for platform integration, focusing on digital use cases to enable instant issuance of virtual cards and more. Our services leverage state-of-the art security at the forefront and allow access to the latest technologies.
The role focuses on defining product strategy, product development (API + digital payments), product go-to-market planning/execution, customer needs identification, and product sales support. In addition, the role leads the client relationship management for our clients, ensuring client satisfaction, development and enhancement of long-term relationships and acts as an escalation for business matters related to the processing platform.
In this role you will:
• Drive the development of API and digital payments initiatives in anticipation of, or response to customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities.
• Ensure our API and digital payments strategy is aligned and integrated with the needs of our core business and the needs of our customers.
• Ensure our API meets global and Mastercard standards.
• Act as an expert, advocate and champion for API and digital payments products to internal and external stakeholders.
• Partner with account teams to execute sales opportunities, developing proposals and presentations and closing opportunities.
• Work with delivery team and vendors on API development and management.
• Focus on products (API + digital payments) standardization.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, regulations, and competitive products in processing domain in order to strategically identify and target improvement opportunities.
• Create product documentation.
• Provide support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements.
• Deliver reports that provide revenue projection, product penetration rates and sales forecasts for executive management.
• Analyze market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to inform product and go-to-market strategies
• Select and monitor performance metrics that assess product performance, revenue, scalability, and longevity, and utilize results to ideate innovative solutions to challenges in the business unit's portfolio or product strategy.
All About You
• Strong experience in OpenAPI and digital payments area in EU with proven success in bringing products to market and generating adoption.
• Product management knowledge, with significant experience working on product (OpenAPI and digital payments) and proposition launches in EU markets.
• Payments Industry knowledge and experience – either at a service provider (bank, PSP, fintech, payment organization), or with payments/processing solution provider.
• Professional experience in a client facing consulting, product management or technical support role.
• Good understanding of how payments work, deep understanding of competition (API and digital payments area), and leading alternative payment solutions.
• Operational understanding of payments technologies.
• Ability to leverage technical knowledge and real-world experience to solve complex business problems.
• Ability to create great customer facing documentation.
• Broad knowledge of API solutions offered by various players (bank, Fintech, issuer-processor, payment organization) available in EU market. Knowledge about worldwide solutions is a plus.
• Proven track record in the field of OpenAPI Specification (OAS).
• Knowledge of tools built around the OpenAPI Specification that can help you design, build, document and consume REST APIs. Understanding of JSON and YAML formats.
• Ability to understand and follow closely technical specifications, data definitions, API design.
• Experience with API Sandbox and API portal.
• Understanding of API architecture and cloud infrastructure is a plus.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of UI and UX design for mobile is a definite plus.
• Familiarity with digital-first value proposition.
• Familiarity and proven experience in the field of tokenization technology (Mastercard, VISA) - xPay, issuer wallets, wearables, and card on file. Knowledge of accompanying APIs and push provisioning concept is a plus.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills with ability to abstract complex technical terms to all level of stakeholders.
• Independent self-starter with excellent time management skills.
• Degree educated at least Bachelor level
• Strong working knowledge of current workplace productivity and collaboration tools, especially Microsoft Office 365 (including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams).
• Fluent English, both written and verbal. Additional language is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137156