MasterCard Lead Linux Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Linux Engineer
Working in an established Infrastructure team based in Warsaw you will be responsible for all aspects of Unix support (Including Debian, RHEL, Oracle Linux), run and build for Mastercard Processing SA located in two regional data centers.
Vulnerability management and working to a strict framework will be a large part of the role alongside project work.
• Builds, implements, and maintains support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analyzing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (eg, middleware, compute & storage)
• Coordinates the building and maintaining of system and platform technologies and environments, including associated software products
• Performs lifecycle management for supported hardware platforms, including technical refresh planning and capacity upgrades
• Participates in the planning and implementation of system/platform updates to optimize performance, efficiency, and capacity
• Performs holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Completes status reports, troubleshooting guides, and project plans to provide in-depth technical assistance to development programmers and customers
• Resolves chronic complex problems, providing managerial operational support to maintain systems and platforms
• May perform financial planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently
• Experience leading a major work stream or multiple smaller work streams for a large platform system domain initiative, often providing technical guidance and advice to ensure consistent deployment of solutions
• Experience setting priorities, objectives, and driving deliverables within global technology domains and sub-domains
• Experience engaging with the broader technical community to anticipate developments in innovation, often evaluating new solutions and recommending future business platform system requirements
• Experience performing process improvements and automation activities for operational and financial value, applying tools and technologies
• Successfully served as a go-to-person to resolve and prevent platform system infrastructure issues, deriving impactful solutions
• Experience with financial services and advantage as is exposure to PCI audits and requirements
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142111