MasterCard Financial Data Analyst in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Financial Data Analyst
The Treasury Center of Excellence (COE) in Warsaw, Poland was established as an operational hub focusing on the support of the following business lines within Mastercard: Settlement Services, Customer Risk Management, and Corporate Treasury.
For all your work you will receive a competitive package with benefits including:
• Healthcare coverage for you and your dependents with wide range of medical and dental services
• Travel insurance including business and personal travel out of country
• PPE Plan
• Life insurance
• Multisport card for you and your dependents
• 5 working days per calendar year to engage in eligible volunteer and charity activities
Financial Data Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the COE with advanced data analysis and reporting. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on data for the COE. This individual will also be responsible for leading initiatives for process improvement, based on his/her analytics.
In this role, Financial Data Analyst will work in a team environment and will have insight to the overall workings of the COE. This individual will help measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring the COE delivers on its long-term strategy.
· Provide settlement related data mining, data analysis, trend analysis, and forecasting expertise in support of COE-related activities
· Participate in analysis and implementation of changes in strategies related to settlement process flows, operational controls, and risk mitigation in the COE
· Provide technical and advisory knowledge to ensure the development and implementation of applications and procedures that provide adherence to business requirements
· Build well structured, well documented, and repeatable queries and query templates for Treasury
· Contribute to components of larger projects by performing in-depth analysis to evaluate financial, operational, customer, and system impact
· Support the teams that are executing daily/weekly/monthly treasury, settlement, and reconciliation activities
· Develop data solutions to ensure processes are executed within internal and external standards
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data utilization in the COE
· Develop and maintain thorough understanding of COE systems
· Analyze daily and monthly reports to identify potential MasterCard system integrity issues
· Ad hoc and custom reporting for COE
All about you:
· STEM Graduate with broad professional experience in data analytics
· Data governance mindset
· Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize
· Accuracy, self-drive, accountability and sense of urgency
· Very good written and verbal English communication skills
· Good understanding of Database Administrator Technologies, such as Hadoop, Oracle, and SQL
· ETL Technologies, such as Altair Monarch and Alteryx, required
· Experience with programming languages such as VBA, Python, and R
· Unix / Linux experience is a plus
· Good understanding of Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Domo, MS Power BI)
· Advanced MS Office experience
· Proven ability to analyze problems and offer solutions
· Experience in business process improvement in an operational team, advantageous
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple successful projects and work effectively with cross-functional partners
· Willing to learn and work in a flexible fast paced environment
· Demonstrates a strong work-ethic, and has a focus on collaboration to deliver solutions
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133891