MasterCard Director, Network Operations in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Network Operations
The Director, Network Operations will act as a liaison between internal partners/stakeholders and the Operations/infrastructure teams located mostly in Warsaw. This includes oversight of high visibility projects within Mastercard Processing SA and may include implementations of new, complex infrastructure components in new global and regional locations involving key industry players.
At the core of this role will be is managing all aspects of day-to-day infrastructure /data center operations and the relevant team of the platform, network, and storage engineers.
This position shall apply influence to ensure communication and prioritization are optimum across all the various business and technology units. The ability to visualize and simplify complex procedures and ultimately obtain buy-in for rolling these out per the business priorities and need is a key component of the role. This is a high touch client and senior/executive management facing role.
• Serve as the Operations Liaison for specific product portfolios and line(s) of business.
• Day to day business as usual operations across the Processing business unit including all aspects of data center and infrastructure operations
• Management of key supplier relationships across multiple technologies such as Datacenter, Storage, and telecommunications
• Requirement gathering for customer projects
• Responsible for coordinating across Operations & Infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of infrastructure activities and deliverables per defined business priorities.
• Drive the process to translate the product requirements into technical/infrastructure specifications, enabling the application/platform and infrastructure teams to clarify/define the technical designs to scope the infrastructure work requirements.
• Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements, and cost estimates for projects.
• Manage overall program/project plan, prepare and deliver regular status reporting, issue tracking, risk monitoring — managing and escalating as appropriate.
• Define appropriate governance structure and hold regular governance meetings (team status meeting, delivery leadership meeting, executive steering committee, etc).
• Provide regular Portfolio / Line of Business updates for all work in progress.
• Coordinate activities with business/client-facing teams, internal development teams, third parties, and/or joint ventures.
• Ensure agile and continuous delivery methodology compliance, and manage resolutions, reporting to management when necessary with full transparency.
• Effectively lead the operations team to align with the business objectives, project schedule, and project budget.
• Ensure that internal and client sign-offs are obtained on all key project deliverables and that the appropriate audit trail exists.
• Be responsible for ensuring that relevant clients and account team members are kept up to date on project developments, changes in timings, costs, and any issues arising.
• Ensure quality results are being driven at every stage through all projects.
• Act as a people manager for the matrixed program/project team to ensure the team is motivated, focused, and delivers on time.
All About You
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in IT Infrastructure Operations and Technologies; experience in the payments industry is a plus
• Experience managing a team of subject matter experts and dealing with diverse cultures and timezones.
• Customer-focused able to communicate clearly to all levels of customer management
• Third-party supplier management in particular telecommunications
• Strong Communication and Presentation skills
• Experience in the areas of strategy, planning, and project management
• Understanding of finance models and planning
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills
• Experience in operating in a global environment
• Fluent in English and Polish
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119364