MasterCard Business Operations Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Business Operations Engineer
Job Description Summary
Mastercard Processing is an issuing processor headquartered in Warsaw, Poland and operating in 32 European markets. We offer comprehensive payment solutions that empower customers to launch payment products with efficiency, scalability, and speed to market. Our flexible solution leverages powerful APIs for platform integration, focusing on digital use cases to enable instant issuance of virtual cards and more. Our services leverage state-of-the art security at the forefront and allow access to the latest technologies.
Currently we are looking for a Business Operations Engineer to join our React platform team. The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk.
As a Protect team member you will support Business Operations efforts to speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. You will be involved in activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Core Services.
You will participate in implementing, enhancing, and enforcing consistent company and department Business Ops practices. You will apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core applications
• Assist the local team to ensure a particular project is completed to enhance the platform quality
• Take focus on specific projects of Business Operations for a platform
• Ensure platform procedures are well documented
• Be responsible for coordinating with the local team to ensure a particular project is completed to enhance the platform quality
• Develop plans to improve quality for each project that impacts the platform
• Help to innovate on new methodologies to improve Business Operations
• Learn new methodologies to improve Business Operations
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Centralize points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
All About You
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Smooth English language
• Strong Analytical skills
• Experience in the financial industry
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Unix / PERL / BASH advanced
• SQL PL/SQL advanced (querying and administration)
• Understanding of File Transfer technologies and batch applications
• Ability to interact with customers, project teams, suppliers and asking effective, forward thinking questions
• Strong desire to learn with a team of professionals
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131437