MasterCard Business Intelligence Specialist in Warsaw, Poland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Business Intelligence Specialist
Are you passionate about technology?
Do you want to work with some of the fastest payment processing systems in the world ?
Do you want to work for a leading Global brand?
Mastercard Payment Transaction Services (MPTS) Europe is a fully Mastercard owned processing asset, a brand agnostic payment processing company. The company was founded in 2008 with initial focus on the Polish market. It is located in Warsaw, Poland. Over the past few years MPTS Europe has developed its business and expanded into other EU countries. We offer comprehensive payment solutions to banks, financial institutions and non-traditional issuers (i.e. FinTech, retailers). We drive innovation in the area of card processing covering both physical and digital space.
MPTS Europe has invested in the best-in-class solutions in order to support end-to-end product lifecycle including a wide range of value added services, as well as customer support via different servicing channels. MPTS Europes mission is to deliver innovative and reliable payment processing solutions. Our company leverages industry best practices combined with payment expertise to drive client revenue and profitability.
Due to the Companys growth and business opportunities we are looking for experienced Business Intelligence Specialist in Business Operations.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercards technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk.
Purpose of the job:
- Creating and managing BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge within MPTS.
- Shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process.
- Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications.
- Streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities.
- Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
- Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Complex analytics for cards authorizations, customer requests and system availability;
- Work on both data marts and raw data to meet business needs regarding Management Information System;
- Maintenance of Data Warehouse application on a daily basis;
- Ensure that reports are accurate and available/delivered on time;
- Support Senior Management with detailed analysis of data;
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Responsible for coordinating with one or more groups to ensure a particular project is completed to enhance the platform quality.
- Develops plans to improve quality for each project that impacts the platform.
- Ensures platform procedures are developed with best practices and standards and are well documented.
- Helps to innovate on new methodologies to improve Business Operations.
- Coaches junior level employees on Business Operations best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Fluency in English and Polish (verbal and written);
- Technical expertise combined with strong business acumen;
- Ability to learn quickly and look for effective solutions;
- Good knowledge of business payment industry;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and at least basic Oracle;
- Communication skills that allow to provide executive summary based on complex data;
- Proven track record of working within a deadline driven environment.
- Experience in application development lifecycles and how it integrates with operations.
- Successful track record in supporting a production application.
- Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
- Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Identifying and communicating risks proactively that can prevent incidents for all lines of business.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: R-65489