MasterCard Application Administrator (Core Platform) in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Application Administrator (Core Platform)
Mastercard Processing is an issuing processor headquartered in Warsaw, Poland and operating in 32 European markets. We offer comprehensive payment solutions that empower customers to launch payment products with efficiency, scalability, and speed to market. Our flexible solution leverages powerful APIs for platform integration, focusing on digital use cases to enable instant issuance of virtual cards and more. Our services leverage state-of-the art security at the forefront and allow access to the latest technologies.
Currently we are looking for an Application Administrator to join our CORE platform team. The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk.
• Assist the local team to ensure a particular project is completed to enhance the platform quality.
• Ensures platform procedures are well documented.
• Learn new methodologies to improve Business Operations.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Assurance of high availability for administered systems on the defined level
• Creation and maintenance of production procedures
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting, high available and large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products.
• Shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities
Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Automation of BAU tasks
All About You:
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in the financial industry
• Smooth English language
• Good Analytical skills
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• SQL PL/SQL comprehension (querying and administration)
• Unix / PERL / BASH comprehension
• Familiar with administration of high availability application’s
• Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and asking effective, forward thinking questions
• Strong desire to learn with a team of professionals
• CI/CD fundamentals
Nice to have:
• ITIL foundation
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Familiar with monitoring tools, i.e. Splunk, Zabbix
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby.
• Interest in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132811