MasterCard Analyst - Settlement Operations in Warsaw, Poland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Analyst - Settlement Operations
As part of the COE, you will provide the necessary day-to-day operational support to the teams performing the treasury, settlement and reconciliation activities, including the timely and accurate processing of receivables and payables, as well as the accurate recording and reconciliation of transactions in financial systems. You will get the opportunity to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and be subject matter experts for the COE. You will identify and propose resolution of process gaps, escalate complex settlement issues and drive efficiencies. You will work in a team environment and will have the opportunity to cross train on a variety of operational processes to ensure that the COE is fully operational through team absences.
In order to be considered for this vacancy, you need to be fluent in English (speaking and writing) and be able to commit to working shifts (24/7).
• Cooperating with team to execute daily/weekly/monthly treasury, settlement, and reconciliation activities
• Develop and maintain understanding of global settlement processes
• Participate in the training of treasury, settlement, and reconciliation activities to meet cross training and BCP requirements
• Assist with the successful onboarding of new customers and processes into the team where required
• Ensure processes are executed within internal and external standards
• Assist with the identification and implementation of process improvements to increase operational efficiencies where required
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Act as a subject matter expert for the COE
• Act as point of escalation for internal and external settlement and reconciliation queries.
• Develop and maintain thorough understanding of COE systems
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge in settlement and reconciliation principles
• Experience responding to routine and complex inquiries in a complete and timely manner
• Knowledge of accounting principles, treasury operations and the payment operations industry
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team player skills
• Willing to learn and work in a flexible fast paced environment
• Willingness to work flexible hours to support Global regional time constraints
• Experience with Microsoft Suite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Solid analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively with cross-functional partners
• Exposure to electronic banking systems and SAP, and knowledge of the card payments industry are nice to have
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132673