MasterCard Director, Loyalty Solutions Lead, HKMTK in Wanchai, Hong Kong
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Loyalty Solutions Lead, HKMTK
Job Title: Director, Market Product Management
Mastercard Loyalty Solutions is a leading provider of loyalty and rewards services to merchants and financial institutions across the Asia Pacific region. We are Asia Pacific’s leading rewards program manager, with a growing footprint across the region into key markets such as Hong Kong, India, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
This role is responsible for driving execution of commercialized products within local markets/division. Provide knowledge of local markets, regulators and developing go-to-market plans and identify new revenue or business development opportunities. Partnering with IMK, Services leads, Customer Delivery and Marketing at a senior level to execute product strategies.
• The LS team provides product management, relationship management and business development functions for Merchants and all Issuers accounts across MCLS.
• The LS team is the face of all MCLS products and services. As such they are responsible for taking existing products to the market as solutions, as well as providing regional and global product teams with feedback from the market in terms of sizing the market opportunity and how products are perceived by existing or potential customers.
• Relationship Management and support for a range of Merchants and Issuers where the customer is rapidly expanding, identifying new business opportunities and managing growth of profitable revenue streams through the implementation of newly developed strategic and tactical plans.
• The role combines people management, product and new business development with multi-program management and the role holder will have a wide remit in terms of both opportunity identification and execution. The role holder will need to have personal ambition and drive and be able to work independently from close supervision to skillfully manage all components of the business.
• Can you demonstrate strategic thinking and how that applies to business objectives and business development activities?
• Do you have a proven track record in people and product and business development?
• A member of both the HMTK Division & AP Loyalty leadership teams and partnering with the divisional and regional teams to drive key initiatives to deliver loyalty revenue for HMTK & AP
• Partners with Sales & Service distribution team to identify and deliver on new business opportunities
• Provision of original thought to resolve issues and create new loyalty business opportunities
• Ability to think strategically and develop both short and long term strategy for continuous growth and development and translating this into tangible annual roadmaps, priorities and tactical initiatives
• Delivering financial results against set objectives for the HMTK division
• Responsible for the P&L for Loyalty Solutions HMTK Division
• Development of account management plans that protect existing revenue and drive growth
• Liaise with regional and country teams to align LS capabilities with regional and divisional priorities.
• Develop the business plan and strategy for the expansion of Loyalty Solutions Services in HMTK and ensure Division President & Country Manager alignment
• Drive, develop and mentor the product, merchant, issuer and program management teams to deliver against the business plan
• Oversee implementation and development of new LS product & platform launches in the division
• Identify partnership opportunities and strategic partners to build a growing base of Mastercard related assets focused on customer-led product constructs.
• Setting direction for go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
• Leverages In-Market expertise to lead In-Market product strategy, product roadmaps and priorities and cross-product integration
• Partners with Sales and Service to identify and deliver on new business opportunities
• Partners with Customer Delivery and Marketing at senior levels to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion for designated products to internal and external stakeholders
• Advises and supports sales by recommending and influencing In-Market product pricing, and oversees the development of training and other product support materials for a region
• Identifies, evaluates and prioritizes business cases for new business and product opportunities, and builds business models to improve Mastercard's footprint and competitiveness at a Divisional and market level
All About You
• Led complex, international, cross-functional projects or committees
• Has worked in or has had exposure to international matrix organizations with dual reporting line
• Extensive success building relationships with global multi-cultural teams and leading remote teams
• Proven ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the global/regional or local level
• Adapted global best practices into local market to achieve improved business results
• Overseas assignment/work in multiple countries/regions is a plus, but not required
• Deep understanding of issuers and merchants business needs and ability to pro-actively address these needs with loyalty solutions.
• Background in consumer banking or selling to consumer banking clients, ideally in cards business, therefore having knowledge of the payments and card industry.
• Leading and managing through change
• Experience in loyalty industry and partnerships especially managing benefits programs (such as concierge, assistance, insurance) an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; at times will need to be “hands-on” and able to function without a large infrastructure around him/her, yet still being able to leverage support from Regional and Global Office
• Positive, can do attitude and disposition
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Prioritization and sense of urgency and pro-activeness critical
• Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills
• Project management skills an advantage.
• Structural and analytical skills.
• High commitment and motivation, distinct readiness to take on responsibility and to own results.
• Highly proactive and self driven individual who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced business environment, has strategic intent with a strong orientation to delivering tactically!
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-86886