MasterCard Account Manager in Wanchai, Hong Kong
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• The Account Manager is primarily responsible for the day to day management of a group of Mastercard customers in Hong Kong and Macau. The role is the primary point of contact for Mastercard interaction at all levels of the customer organization. The objective of the role is to achieve measurable stretched account sales targets and to bring knowledge leadership to the customer.
• The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic, business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills to partner with MasterCard’s cross functional teams to create and implement impactful card and payments programs for customers that drive MasterCard and customer bank business growth.
• Do you like working with people who possess diverse skills and high creativity?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Are you a strong individual contributor who can also be part of a high performance team?
• Individual in position will be accountable for strategic sales management, relationship management, project planning, new product sales, program retention, and portfolio growth
• Individual will drive the sales and implementation process to analyze and introduce new business opportunities to customers that will drive profitable market share growth for Mastercard
• This requires individual to develop relationships with customers at both senior / executive and middle management levels and develop value propositions to customers to increase Mastercard's business with customers
• Individual will need to coordinate and integrate MasterCard's involvement in all marketing-related and acquirer based activities with customers and provide consultative support relative to specific Mastercard products/services, trends and the card industry
• The individual will drive periodic account review meetings and proactively identify growth opportunities for both the customer and Mastercard
• The individual is experienced and comfortable with building numerically accurate and logically sound business cases to support the internal and external sales process;
• To leverage industry and customer knowledge to seek new business growth opportunities in the market across all product lines and segments including consumer and commercial card products, emerging payment products such as mobile / contactless payment, online digital payment, etc.
All About You
• Relevant experience in financial services relationship management, product management and / or marketing of consumer financial services products achieved in a financial institution, processor and/or payments company, or network. Relevant sales and account management experience in adjoining industries (including management consulting, telecommunication and information technology) will be considered.
• Good understanding of payment products and services including consumer, commercial card products and also emerging payment products such as contactless, online, etc. The ideal candidate will possess a solid payments industry experience in Hong Kong and/or Asia Pacific region, preferably gained in product management on the issuer side with the ability to work across multiple disciplines, functions and cultures.
• Strategic vision and the ability to think quickly with an eye to creating differential advantage for the customer whilst balancing the interests of Mastercard will be essential to success in this role;
• Commercially aggressive and numerically astute and able to drive a strong sales culture with a strong understanding of strategy and execution; Solid understanding of all revenue and cost lines of a credit card issuers P&L statement;
• Excellent at developing business relationships with people at all levels in the customer organization and bringing in results;
• Excellent communication skills; Fluent in English and ideally also well versed in Cantonese and Mandarin;
• The ability to work within a multicultural and matrix environment. Needs to be disciplined and tolerant of ambiguity, with the maturity and capability to credibly interact and influence across customer organization at multiple levels;
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to reason logically with clear cause & effect arguments;
• High professional delivery standards and personal and professional integrity and unquestionably high personal ethical standards.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72660