MasterCard Sr. Principal Software Engineer in United States
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
The Payment Network team supports Mastercard’s switching platform. The switching platform transmits card or token authorization validation data among issuers, acquirers, and points of interaction and facilitates the clearing and settlement of funds between entities. In addition, the platform also enables the integration with Mastercard’s Value-Added Services.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development, and design practices, and obsess over security, reliability, and performance to deliver scalable solutions that delight our customers.
We demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
As a Snr Principal at Mastercard, you are expected to carry out the following general duties:
• Own complex problems, work across dependent services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution
• Define, design, and develop procedures and software solutions at a service level to meet the business requirements/enhancements
• Automate and simplify all aspects of software delivery and development by actively evangelizing the need to automate and simplify where needed
• Drive blameless postmortems culture to identify root causes of incidents and implement learnings
• Introduce new technologies and architecture by following enterprise guidelines
• Provide technical leadership, architectural guidance and assist in the development of team members
All About You
• You are a hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience leading large-scale efforts in application development
• You have architectural experience working in high availability, low latency real time systems (Stock exchange, financial/payment systems)
• You have successful experience in modernization and migration of applications
• You are a strong collaborator who can work across programs to deliver results
• You are a hands-on technical leader who is passionate about architecting best in class applications
• You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment
• You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and can get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
• You have strong decision-making skills
• You have an ability to simultaneously manage short-term priorities and long-term initiatives.
• You regularly lead retrospection, and continually improve as a result.
• You possess skills to engage engineers across Technology organization to promote standard software patterns and reuse of common libraries and services
• You are proficient in Java, Angular, Spring Framework and designing/implementing Cloud-native solutions – using Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless as well as migrating existing enterprise solutions to Public Cloud (AWS / Azure)
• You possess the skills to perform points of failure analysis and architect ‘always-on’ solutions by building resiliency architecture (active/active/active) allowing seamless failovers between availability zones
• You have and expert understanding of best practices to guide developers and implement fully automated software lifecycle – from build to deploy to monitor to self-heal, while implementing security and governance throughout
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148023