MasterCard Senior Software Engineer, in United States
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer,
• Purpose of this team is to provide enterprise based solutions to combat fraud.
• Build on evolving platforms/create new solutions in a high paced work environment.
• Have you ever worked with leading Imaging Software?
• Have you ever supported critical applications for a global company
• Do you want to be part of a collaborative environment?
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to MasterCard’s specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Technical experience including:
o ext.js, angular.js, GXT and Core Java – multi-threading experience a plus
o J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss
o Oracle & PL/SQL
o Solaris/UNIX & Red Hat Linux
o Messaging – MQ and JMS
• Other preferred technical experience:
o Business rules execution systems
o Eclipse-based IDE such as JBoss Developer Studio
o Web Services – REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP
o Production operational support
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-62905