MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering - ETH0050 in United States
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering - ETH0050
Manager, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
To drive our future growth, we are scaling our platform and building new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
To support our continued growth and success, we are recruiting a Manager of Software Engineering. We are undergoing a technology evolution at Ethoca as we move towards a distributed architecture in the cloud and are looking for a passionate and experienced Manager with strong technical background to help lead us through the journey while at the same time addressing our customer needs on our existing platform. Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, this is a highly visible role that requires managing one or two Scrum Teams and their day-to-day Development Process, being accountable for the delivery and execution of the projects, as well as collaboration across multiple teams/departments.
• Formally supervise and coach 1+ high performing scrum teams of engineers to build, enhance, and support multiple applications/services in the delivery of internal or market-facing Products
• Work with business/product owners to develop and deliver on new services to introduce new or enhance existing products
• Be accountable for successful delivery of your teams’ commitments
• Lead, maintain and improve Agile Development Practices and Process within your team
• Participate/Champion department-wide initiatives to improve the Agile Development Practices.
• Demonstrate strong technical leadership and people management skills, including hiring, coaching, managing performance, and motivating.
• Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile Scrum environment with a focus on continuous integration and automation.
• Exemplify a team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation.
• Provide leadership with respect to career growth, coaching and training.
• Collaborate with other technology leaders and departments (ex. product management, customer service, production operations) to achieve business goals.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience managing Agile teams, including hiring, coaching, and performance management.
• Strong experience with Agile Development Practices and Processes, advocating and developing Agile values and principles.
• A hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company.
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) & Delivery (CD) principles, Build and Test Automation.
• Open for constructive feedback, able to manage contrasting opinions and heated discussions
• Experience with building/delivering distributed, high availability and throughput systems that are easily horizontally scaled is a plus
• Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment working with sensitive data is a plus.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161166