MasterCard Director, Business Development in United States
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development
• Grows revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets
• Focuses on growing market share, market acceptance, the number of customer touch points, and MasterCard’s regional footprint
• Sets sales strategy aligned with geography and segment strategy
• Responsible for pipeline management at the segment level
• Develops the sales pipeline, coordinating with product development and account management teams
• Prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners to improve market acceptance
• Plays a lead role in conversations with key decision makers for new or emerging product opportunities
• Provides input for long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across business lines
• Plays a key role in developing financial modeling and business cases for development opportunities
• Executes and manages the customer contract agreement process
• Evaluates the deal process to deliver improvements
• Enhances ongoing business development relationships (e.g., government, regulators, industry bodies)
• In-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies for large or complex countries/regions/industry verticals
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various MasterCard countries/regions/industry verticals
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108940