MasterCard Director, Business Development in United States
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development
The Business Development team is looking for a Business Development Director to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In this role you will be:
• Developing the sales pipeline, working closely with product development and account management teams
• Creating and developing prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners to improve market acceptance
• Playing a lead role in conversations with key decision makers for new or emerging product opportunities
• Providing input for long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across business lines
• Playing a key role in developing financial modeling and business cases for development opportunities
• Executing and manages the customer contract agreement process
• Evaluating the deal process to deliver improvements
• Enhancing ongoing business development relationships (e.g. government, regulators, industry bodies)
All About You
Successful candidate will…
• Have at least Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, consultancy or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Work experience in Finance/Banking/Fintech industry
• Have good understanding of technology market dynamics and trends
• Have sales, marketing and/or business development background
• Have analytic abilities and problem-solving skills
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Analytic and strong strategic skills
• In-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies for large or complex countries/regions/industry verticals
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales and result oriented
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various countries/regions/industry verticals
• Continually look at the market and competition to see what is happening
• Go out of your way to get close to the customer in order to find out what their needs are and how a product or service can help
• Look for complementary products or services that can also help the customer
• Excellent oral and written English skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122383