MasterCard Summer Internship 2019 - Talent COE ( Centre of Expertise) in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Summer Internship 2019 - Talent COE ( Centre of Expertise)
Do you want to play a part in enabling a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
Mastercard’s 2019 Summer intern program is a 10 – 12 week program developed for emerging professionals to gain hands-on work experience and learn more about Mastercard. Interns are assigned to a manager with a core set of project work. In addition, the University Programs team plans a variety of events (speakers, volunteer day, etc.) for the interns during the summer.
Summer intern managers actively participate in the following throughout the 10-12 week internship:
• Equip interns with the tools needed to be successful in the internship
• Ensure Interns develop a broad understanding of Mastercard’s businesses
• Provide ongoing feedback throughout the 10 week program. We recommend a weekly 1:1 manager meeting
• Participation in the performance review process guided by HR and comprised of:
o Mid-point evaluation
o End of summer evaluation
The Asia Pacific Talent COE drives the talent programmes across the region and provides best-in-class talent development and management solutions. Programmes include learning initiatives, skills/capability building – professional and functional, executive development, performance management, succession planning, career development and talent assessment programmes
As a member of the Regional Talent COE, you will work closely with HR colleagues across the region in planning and execution of the talent and learning programmes.
• Partner with the South East Asia Talent COE Cluster Lead to program manage and deliver a series of flawless and high impact events during Mastercard’s Innovation Week events in Singapore and also provide any co-ordination support required for this event across other office locations in Australia, China, & India as required
• Partner with Talent COE colleagues to support with execution of high impact leadership development programs “Leadership NOW” and “Future Leaders Program”
• Support with any learning needs analysis activities and also ongoing quarterly learning programs delivery across the region (work with vendor to help with preparation and release of Quarterly L&D Newsletters, work with Shared Services team on the program scheduling activities, execution of instructed led training sessions)
• Identify and incorporate Degreed Pathways on two identified topics for the year
• Support with delivery of the series of onboarding bootcamp sessions targeted at new hires
• Support with the ongoing roll-out of the career development communications and engagement campaign across the region
All About You
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Education - Final year of Bachelor’s Degree (all majors welcome to apply)
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.2 (or CAP of 4) strongly recommended
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Languages: English required & an additional languages a plus
Candidates should ensure they are legally authorized to work in Singapore before applying.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78786