MasterCard Senior Principal, Sales & Servicing, Business Development in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Principal, Sales & Servicing, Business Development
The Asia Pacific Data & Services Market Development Business Development Lead role is part of the Asia Pacific Sales & Servicing Leadership team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for customer engagement at senior management level with key regional Merchants and co-brand programs in Asia Pacific. In addition, you will also be expected to be involved in the execution of projects by leading and guiding delivery teams in client solutioning.
Depending on experience this role will cover R&C, One to Many, Government and Data Partnerships. The full scope will be decided based on the successful candidate
Managing the Sales Process
• Engaging with regional market development teams and local country teams to assess client needs
• Leading pitches from storyboarding and research through to face-to-face presentations
• Leading key strategic initiatives to grow Retail & Commerce verticals in the region
• Ensuring product development efforts meet the needs of merchants in APAC
• Manage the sales process end-to-end from first discussions to contract signing and project kick-off
• Oversee project delivery through to successful completion while building strong client relationships
• Ensuring continuous and expanded follow-on projects and platform renewals
• Monitoring and ensuring quality of deliverables through assigned project managers
• Managing and growing the Retail & Commerce P&L to hit and exceed targets
Develop Successful Co-brand Programs with Large Regional Merchants
• Engaging with regional market development teams and local country teams to help Mastercard win strategic co-brand programs that will increase Mastercard’s share of spend
• Developing best-in-class Data & Services programs and expertise to differentiate Mastercard versus competitors when submitting responses into co-brand RFPs
• Build and inculcate relationships to become a trusted advisor to Senior/Executive level clients in the region
The position will be based in Singapore and requires regular traveling within APAC, as well as occasionally outside APAC when required.
The position oversees the pipeline management for a virtual team of people across the region involved in sales to R&C clients. You will be responsible for delivering the revenue target for R&C across products. You will report to the Senior Principal who leads Partnerships, Network Sales and R&C.
All About You
• Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience working in various merchant verticals
• Experience in engaging senior executives at international Airline, Hotels, and Retail groups.
• Knowledge of working with the Automotive Sector is a plus
• Payments/Cards expertise is an advantage
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm
• Proven sales expertise is a strong plus
• Highest level of self-motivation with a hunting-attitude
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to lead a virtual team
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
• Ability to develop compelling sales narratives in influencing sales closure
• Ability to guide and support Delivery teams in developing storyline construct that drives project analysis
• Excellent analytic capabilities and skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Bachelor’s and post-graduate degrees (MBA or other) from leading universities
• Knowledge of Asian markets and industries is a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144966