MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant ( Director level) - Facilitator/ Product Innovation Manager in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Managing Consultant ( Director level) - Facilitator/ Product Innovation Manager
Job title: Senior Managing Consultant, Facilitator/ Product Innovation Manager
Team Purpose – Labs as a Service
• Mastercard Labs as a Service is a leading edge global innovation practice, delivering a range of innovation programs which incorporate the best in design thinking and agile development processes
• Labs as a Service supports our customers and partners with Innovation and R&D consultation - delivering customized innovation programs, products and support - tailored to meet client-specific business challenges.
Facilitator / Product Innovation Manager
• This role within Labs as A Service act as a lead sprint master for facilitating all product / process engagements on behalf of customers and internal stakeholders alike.
• This role is a key customer focused role for Labs as a Service which requires a confident, experienced facilitator with a deep understanding and experience in three core disciplines – ideation methodologies, rapid prototyping and design sprints and agile product management.
• This person will be a lead advocate for innovation within the Mastercard customer base, serving as one of the faces of Mastercard Labs externally in Asia Pacific & globally.
Questions to consider:
• Are you passionate about product innovation and want to work with some of the world’s biggest brands to create innovative product prototypes & run programs to improve their innovation culture and methodologies?
• Are you a world class facilitator with a passion for technology innovation, agile prototype development and new product design?
• Does playing a key playmaker role in supporting teams who are innovating and developing leading edge technology solutions excite you?
• Have you the capability to think on your feet, be hugely creative, cajole, encourage and negotiate all at the same time?
• Own the execution and successful delivery of multiple customer engagements for the LaaS team which will include innovation consulting, execution of innovation culture programs and delivery of Mastercard innovation products.
• Lead groups through activities such as envisioning / ideation, product planning, issue resolution, action planning, assumptions testing & product prototyping as well as requirements gathering.
• Create new innovation tools and templates & collation of existing best in class methods to create standardized methodologies & practices for rapid innovation.
• Facilitate client events, using best practice processes and techniques in the area of design thinking, ideation methodologies, agile development (design sprints and rapid prototyping) and in agile product management.
• Lead small teams and large groups of professionals with multi-faceted skills sets and different motivations/ agendas to create new product innovations.
• Contribute to the development of new LaaS innovation programs and products and the enhancement of existing LaaS innovation methodologies that can be delivered to customers.
• Keep informed on emerging technologies and innovations in the payments and commerce space and identify potential opportunities for the LaaS team to develop product prototypes that would be relevant to the customer base.
• Explore and support development of Mastercard Labs’ relationships with external parties such as other innovation entities, Labs organizations, and colleges/universities.
Knowledge / Experience Preferred
• Demonstrated experience in product innovation and consulting.
• Be experienced in the product development process especially agile & design thinking methodologies.
• Be a highly skilled group facilitator—with a wealth of experience leading multi-disciplinary groups through such activities as strategic planning, journey mapping, issue resolution, brainstorming and requirements gathering/definition.
• High energy, can-do attitude, very strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed with commensurate analytical and strategic skills.
• Executive-level presentation skills—must have persuasive “presence” and ability to effectively communicate technology to business people and business to technology people
• Understanding / experience of innovation frameworks and practical technology application experience.
• Payments technology knowledge or experience in the industry would be a huge advantage
Skills / Abilities (Desired)
• Organized, with an ability to provide expert facilitation skills in environments where the team agenda is not clear and the obvious solutions are not always the most appropriate.
• Leadership skills—must be able to influence others and navigate complex relationship scenarios & must be able to influence others without direct reporting relationships.
• Will value and promote having strong processes as a way of achieving consistent, high quality, repeatable results.
• Experience in management consultancy, product owner or scrum-master roles would be very relevant
• Experience in any prototyping/design tools (Photoshop, inVision, Marvel etc) or user testing methodologies would be highly desirable
• Ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Willingness to travel
• Work Location - Singapore
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-80709