MasterCard Senior Analyst, Deal Management in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Deal Management
• Business Development Finance supports the development, planning, implementation and execution of the corporate strategy within the customer business agreement process to drive business primarily with issuers, acquirers and merchants.
• The Senior Analyst role has the main primary responsibility of supporting the Division Finance Officer and business units in South East Asia (SEA) sub-region, building profitable and protected deals for Mastercard and playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects.
3 questions about who would be the best fit for this role:
• Are you intuitive with numbers?
• Are you perseverant and able to cope with unexpected and multiple demands?
• Are you confident interacting with management, and able to persuade, motivate and influence others effectively?
1) Deal Structuring - Support SEA sub-region division and assist account managers in complex business deals for new business opportunities ensuring commercial profitability for Mastercard, with involvement from initiation to closure of the deal. Conduct regular review of live deals and highlight concern to account managers and leadership team. Specific geographies to be supported by this role include Indonesia, Thailand and Myanmar, as well as Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos cluster.
a) Performs rigorous reviews, negotiations and scenario analysis iterations on business cases to assess the risk versus return tradeoffs. Work and negotiate with business owners to improve deal structures where appropriate. Assertiveness required to convince account teams to sell harder to their customers. Conduct “benchmark analysis” on assumptions in all business cases, and “reality check” on the ROIs, NPVs, DCF for contracts entered into with our customers.
b) Provides guidance to legal department to assist in understanding deal structures and business dynamics, and final clearance of legal documentation.
c) Communicates corporate and regional policies; establishes review processes to ensure financial control and compliance and to drive overall market compliance with SEC requirements as well as compliance with local statutory regulations, financial and taxation regimes in the division.
d) Builds capabilities within the business to enhance their financial acumen and know-how, understanding of business case modeling and processes, financial implications of their decisions/actions, and to align them to delivery of financial objectives for the division.
e) Requires individual to be creative and entrepreneurial, managing risks with innovation, embracing the concept of value creation, move away from inwardly focused and value preservation to looking for outside opportunities to increase stock market valuation and shareholders’ wealth in the face of fierce competition, customer choice and new technology.
2) Extended Business Support – Closely work with business teams in providing insights and financial support to:
a) develop and monitor performance of our strategic investments and other growth opportunities
b) facilitate and identify new pricing initiatives / structuring opportunities
3) Support and drive regional Deal Management projects and initiatives, both in SEA division and across AP region
All about you
• Financial domain experience in an international organization with basic knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP.
• Experience in business development and partnership or financial modelling preferred.
• Ability to lead, motivate and influence others in a global, matrix organization structure.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong employee relations, influencing, and management partnering skills.
• Collaborative and great teamwork
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141349