MasterCard Manager, Program Mgmt & Business Development Support - Government Engagements in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Program Mgmt & Business Development Support - Government Engagements
The Regional Government Engagement unit is engaging in selected number of markets to design and launch commercial and pre-commercial programs in the Government segment. Mastercard’s focused approach to engaging with government agencies in selected markets aims at building durable partnerships while developing new revenue opportunities, making Mastercard indispensable to government.
In order to effectively support both nation-wide or agency-focused marquee engagements, Mastercard is building dedicated analytical and program management capacity in the government space.
The Manager, Program Management and Business Development Support for Government Engagement role requires strong analytical (incl. market research, business case modelling, performance metrics) and project management skills (incl. project scoping, governance, tracking, issue resolution) with business and strategy background, as well as understanding of payment/fintech solutions. Government processes experience is a very strong plus. Strong communication skills are needed to engage internal stakeholders. Key stakeholders include Mastercard country teams, regional Finance, Market Development, Public Policy, Product and other Strategic Growth units.
• Lead / Support development of solution- or market-focused client engagement program plans, in alignment with the local Government Engagement lead and with the assigned Country Manager & local team. This includes scoping program initiatives & defining expected outcomes for Mastercard and the Government and resource requirements.
• Set up relevant business models/deal structures to cater to government related activities and that aligns to MC’s financial and business considerations. Playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects
• Accountable for the development and monitoring of the program’s KPIs, incl. business case development together with initiative owner(s), and for the program management of the partnership in all of its stages: Discover, Prioritize, Plan, Execute, Codify
• Engage the Government CoE and other relevant corporate units to identify relevant solutions and non-commercial assets to be deployed as part of the engagement program. Drive alignment of vision and purpose and help develop the overall ROI for the assigned engagement (Mastercard AND client)
• Participate – not lead - in the design of commercialization initiatives, support the development of sustainable business models
• Co-develop with initiative owners re engagement’s program plan including main workstreams, engagement phases, expected Mastercard and Government KPIs (incl. business case development), mutual resource investments and governance
• Develop and execute business case model / deal structures relevant to key vertical and initiative categories in consideration of initiative objectives (both strategic and financial factors) and aligning with MC GE, country, finance, relevant functional teams and where needed, with client / government stakeholders
• Ongoing monitoring of the program, coordination of market and global units, across selected program workstreams
• Communication management (incl. organization of meetings & workshops) to Country Managers, Regional Government Engagement personnel, global Government CoE leads and in-country teams on program status, risks & gaps, as well as escalations management.
• Demand analysis for existing and future Mastercard solutions to be provided to the Government CoE
• Support Sales Excellence practices incl. opportunity monitoring (tracking & updating Sales pipeline), feedback into the global government engagement methodology and production of relevant documentation (“the playbook”) to enable replication across countries
• Support team’s admin / finance-related tasks in collaboration with relevant finance and admin teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131736