MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Overview: Mastercard C&I Network Solutions develops and manages value-added products and services based on the global core switching platforms for debit, credit and prepaid. Our goals are to enable customers (Issuers, Processors, Acquirers, Merchants, etc.) to make better-informed decisions about transactions and thereby help them improve consumer experience and to create a core switching environment that delivers measurably greater value than our competitors.
The Manager – C&I Network Solutions Product Management, will have responsibility to drive execution of market plans across the C&I Network Solutions Products suite. Network Solutions Products leverage Mastercard’s transaction processing & switching capabilities to design solutions to solve for customer or market needs (e.g. network behavior management, cross-border fee manager, clearing optimizer, account status inquiry, Pre/Undefined auth switch fee).
• The position will report to the VP, C&I Network Solutions, Asia Pacific and work closely with the Director, Network Solutions Product Management.
• Responsible for managing the C&I Network Solutions Products for Asia Pacific and develop Go-To-Market plans across key Geographies / Products.
• Drive thought leadership for the optimization of current network services, advancement of emerging services, and creation of new services that deliver competitively superior customer value (for example, lower costs), and network performance (for example, higher approval rates).
• Conducting market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches as appropriate
• Defining business and technical requirements and manage the relationships with the support teams in Operations & Technology, Finance/Pricing, Marketing and Market Development teams at a regional level
• Oversee the timely development, refresh and implementation of market level network solutions plans
• Build out, at market level, value chain participants and key dependencies
• Assess network solutions expansion plans in the context of relevance to market needs
o Support pre-sales process and optimizing procedures to deliver and sell network product/solution
o Aligning, proposing and defending pricing strategy
o Gathering market intelligence and monitor market including competition
o Monitoring product’s revenue, profitability and other key performance indicators, take corrective action if these do not meet targets
• Achieve annual targets, in terms of revenues for existing and new network products and services
• Ensure that Network Solution products and services can be delivered (i.e. are compliant with rules, can be billed using billing system, can be implemented)
• Develop and present business cases supporting new product concepts or product enhancements
• Comply with the Studio (Product Management Excellence) and New Product Development/Go-To-Market (NPD/GTM) process from concept through launch
• Participate in the planning, development and design of product marketing strategy and in the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs.
All About You
• Product Management excellence combined with strong project management ability is critical.
• Cross-functional work experience participating or managing multiple, complex projects concurrently and delivering timely results under tight timelines
• Solid knowledge of the payments business, preferably with some exposure to the processing/switching of payment transactions, coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into revenue generating product designs
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and synthesize large amounts of data, and provide recommendations effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages
• Technology savvy; close collaboration with Operations and Technology and future processing businesses
• Ability to embrace complexity, but deliver/articulate simplicity
• Proven ability to manage budgets and produce significant financial results
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168423