MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Prepaid solutions in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Prepaid solutions
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Prepaid is an integral and growing part of Mastercard’s business in Asia-Pacific, encompassing more conventional card-based prepaid programs as well as newer fintech-linked solutions. Prepaid is a key means for Mastercard to enable new payment flows, facilitate the entry into the payments market place of new participants, as well as deliver new ways to pay.
The regional prepaid team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the need gaps of evolving customer segments and drive the financial inclusion agenda in Asia Pacific.
As Manager, Prepaid solutions, you will work closely with the regional lead for Asia Pacific Prepaid to manage and drive mid to long term prepaid and financial inclusion related product growth strategy and execution. This includes all aspects of P&L, development and execution of Go-To-Market strategies.
You will develop business plans to generate direct revenues from the sales/usage of Mastercard Prepaid, drive internal education on the holistic value proposition and support the Mastercard internal sales team to represent the Mastercard value proposition.
You will work with Mastercard’s Global Product teams and local/regional stakeholders to continually define and deliver a set of Mastercard branded/affiliated capabilities that drive a competitive advantage for Mastercard and be responsible for commercialization and deployment of Mastercard’s Prepaid solutions and capabilities.
You will be responsible for demonstrating thought leadership in the area of Prepaid products. You will implement portfolio enhancement initiatives to accelerate client business growth, working closely with senior stakeholders in client organizations, within Mastercard and work with a range of external suppliers/processors/partners to ensure Mastercard has a robust Prepaid offering that clients can activate quickly and efficiently.
Projects you will be a part of:
• Market & segment expansion through identification of new use cases, deepening partnerships with existing clients and onboarding new clients
• Launching new solutions as a result of cross-functional collaboration using Mastercard’s products, capabilities/ or through fintech, processor partnerships
• Successful product & market strategy development to counter competitive threats
• Implementation of product rules & compliance to Mastercard’s policies
• Manage ongoing client support activities and client consultation
• Business planning, management reporting, analytics
All about you
• 5 to 8 years of experience which includes at least 4 years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in product development, product management or innovation
• Experience in delivering product & business solutions and keen interest in payment technology & innovation
• Strategic thought leadership coupled with execution bias to drive initiatives and meet key result areas
• Outcome oriented, creative in problem solving, highly skilled at managing and coordinating multiple stakeholders in a regional / global environment
• Possess sound business acumen, analytical skills and keen understanding of new technology payment business models and profitability drivers
• Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
• Motivation, flexibility, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Outstanding communication, organizational and negotiation skills with strong ability to influence
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-185447